[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Avoid Volvo of Oak Parks in Chicago, IL
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Avoid Volvo of Oak Parks in Chicago, IL

Avoid Volvo of Oak Parks in Chicago, IL

Postby my94redcelica » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:14 am

Back in January I bought my 99 Solara SLE with 95000 miles for $5000. I live in Ohio so, it was a lot of dealing on the phone. Throughout the entire process, the car was claimed to be clean titled, no accidents, and perfect condition. I get there when it's night out, and they had just detailed the car for me. The car looks great runs great. A few defects but nothing major. We kept asking why the car was so cheap. They told my mom and I that the dealership had no use for a car like that at their lot. This place deals with $40,000 cars, so this was just priced to move. Numerous times we asked if it was in no accidents. We never saw the CarFax (our mistake), but they said they ran one and everything was fine. I signed the papers, done deal, and I get it home. The out of state taxes were $500 so it was a few months before I could afford to register it here in Ohio. The Illinois title says its clean, but when I get the Ohio title, it comes back as a salvage rebuild. I call the dealership and confront them and they tell me there's a mistake with the Ohio title. I talk to the title dept. and they tell me there is no mistake, the car has been salvaged before. I call the dealership back then they tell me it's been in a minor accident. My mom calls back a few days later, and it's been in two minor accidents, and he was mailing me the carfax report. I get the report and theres 10 pages missing. The report says it was in a moderate accident and the report cuts off before saying the extent of the second accident. I get online and buy my own report, and it turns out it was a severe accident. These accidents happened in Wisconsin, so I got ahold of the police department there and got copies of the accident reports. For months now, I've been argueing with the dealership. They still feel that there is a mistake in the title, and they did nothing wrong in selling it. I contacted the insurance company who covered the vehicle during the severe accident and they told me they salvaged it. The title was falsified in Illinois, but the dealership still claims that Wisconsin, Ohio AND the Insurance company who salvaged it is wrong. They knew very well what was wrong with that car even before selling it to me. This week I'm going to tell them that I'll file for a lawsuit against them if they don't settle this. I personally would be happy with a $2000 compensation. And to boot it, I have a voicemail recording of him saying that it was just in a minor accident. I have everything I need for a lawsuit. I'd rather settle it here, but if I have to go up there and fight it I most certainly will.
my94redcelica
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:40 am

First I'd document everything you did in chronological order since you inquired about the car and also all the evidence too. I'm sure these dealership guys aren't going to want to goto court if its true that you caught them on voicemail lying, plus if you have a false title report in hand that they gave you that is going to be very damaging to any defence they'd come up with. However it seems the weak part in your case is the fact that you didn't get a carfax report for yourself. I'd also go for a 5000 dollar amount thats the maximum in small claims court here in CA.
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby my94redcelica » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:46 am

Yeah the CarFax was my fault. But to rebuttle that, I didn't buy my car from CarFax, I bought it from a dealership. Whether the CarFax was ran or not, I was entitled to know the true history about the car instead of lies. I'm mailing in some forms to IL to get a complete title and registration history of the vehicle. I'm not sure how to prove the title is false, or how to get that in documented proof. Thanks for your help. If anyone else knows of anything else I can do I'll take any inputs.
my94redcelica
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants