[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Dealership/Toyota screwed me BIG TIME
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Dealership/Toyota screwed me BIG TIME

Dealership/Toyota screwed me BIG TIME

Postby silversurfer220 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:43 pm

Just5 picked my 04 Solara up from the dealership today, from its 13th visit to the shop for the "no start" problem. Well, they were complete tools at service and quite nasty to me. I requested a copy of the service history for the car and they gave it to me. I leave the dealership, get in my car, the NAV system does not work, the MAINT light is on, and the CHECK ENG light in on. HOW could they drive it up to the door and tell me its ready to go? Here's the kicker. I was looking at the service history for the car, and it says service days "464". I think " hmm- have I had it in the shop 464 days for service?" The answer is NO. So, I call 1-800-GO-TOYOTA and speak to one of the representatives. I give him the VIN for the car, and he tells me that the vehicle was put in service September 26, 2003. I bought the car NEW with 266 miles on it from SMART TOYOTA, MADISON WISCONSIN on October 24, 2004 as a NEW car. I asked the rep on the phone, and he told me that when I bought the vehicle, it had only 2 years of warranty remaining. Funny how I was told that it was a NEW car and it had FULL MFG warranty. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with GO-Toyota and he listened to all of my concerns with the car. He is going to call the dealership on Mon and see what he can find out. He did say that there is no way that I will be able to get 1 extra year of warranty, because the car was put in service 1 year before I bought it. Thanks a ton SMART TOYOTA!!!!! I am going to go in tomorrow morning and have a nice little chat with the owner/business manager/every customer on their sales floor and tell them that I am fed up with this car and their complete lack of care to service the vehicle. I wonder how that will go.

Word to the wise, (since I got screwed)- If you bought your car with any more than say 30-40 miles on it, check the IN SERVICE date to make sure that you aren't getting screwed either!!!!! I'll let all of you know how my visit goes tomorrow morning- I can hardly wait!
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DatSRBoi » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:05 pm

Dam sorry to hear about that... Toyota lately has been screwing up allot of people in my area.. I think they are falling apart on keeping track and services..
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby SPF 0 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:52 pm

This isn't something I say lightly, but I think it's time to get an attorney involved (assuming the resolution reached isn't agreeable).

Just make sure you have your paperwork "ducks" lined up in a row.

Lastly, bear in mind that you aren't Toyota's customer per se; the dealer is. The dealer is the one the that buys cars from TMM. Having said that, best wishes.
'05 Black Solara Convertible SLE, Gold Pinstriping, red calipers, lower grille, OBX pedals, Solara door sills, and OEM splash guards.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby trdkamuri51o » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:53 pm

that sucks bro, time to move on cause i noticed a lot of toyota dealerships are getting worse...
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby SPF 0 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:09 pm

I have to disagree TRD. This can greatly affect his resale value.

My concern is that the dealership will argue the car wasn't titled which may fit the legal definition of "new" in Wisconsin.

Again, depending on how things go on Monday, it may be time to bring in legal help.
'05 Black Solara Convertible SLE, Gold Pinstriping, red calipers, lower grille, OBX pedals, Solara door sills, and OEM splash guards.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Mossy » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:27 pm

Saying he has the full warranty is a lie either way, new title or not. They were in the wrong.
[Silverstars|Nokya Yellow Fogs|Black Clear Corners|Pioneer DEH-P7700MP|Kicker 15" CompVR|Hifonics Amp|Knuconceptz]
Mossy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Lone Solara » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:45 pm

So sorry to hear about your problem ! The dealer sounds like a real crook. You can probably verify the production date by checking the production date on the door sill. As far as warranty goes, I believe the warranty starts when the car is initially sold, not when it rolls off the line; however, I'm not sure about it. Anyway, good luck with your car. The Solara is a classy ride and it sounds like you got a lemon.
2006 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Lunar Mist Metallic
Dark Stone Interior
Black Top
K&N air filter
Lone Solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby trdkamuri51o » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:46 pm

SPF 0 wrote:I have to disagree TRD. This can greatly affect his resale value.

My concern is that the dealership will argue the car wasn't titled which may fit the legal definition of "new" in Wisconsin.

Again, depending on how things go on Monday, it may be time to bring in legal help.

ohh no no no.. i agree he should go after them, but toyota as a brand is going downhill... hell hyundai passed us up... thats why my next new car wont be a toyota...
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o

Postby Astro » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:43 am

SPF 0 wrote:My concern is that the dealership will argue the car wasn't titled which may fit the legal definition of "new" in Wisconsin.

Yep, they will win on that one. Check and read through all your paperwork, sometimes they are shady and will have things in there you didn't know about.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby silversurfer220 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:08 am

Production date of my 2004 Solara- July 2003. I read through all of the paperwork and it was sold as a "NEW" unit, with full mfg warranty coverage until 36.266, since it had 266 miles on it when I bought it. I am on my way out the door now to see what can be done. I'd love to tell everyone on their sales floor now what a terrible experience Ive had with this car and also with their dealership. I bet their floor would empty out in a second! I can't wait- this is going to be fun!

The reason I bought this particular car is because it was loaded exactly like I wanted it and with NAV, it was only 500 more than the same exact car at a diff dealership without nav. What a mistake I made!
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SPF 0 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:51 am

I can appreciate how tempting causing a scene on the sales floor may be, but I think that'll make the dealership less, rather than more, willing to work out a solution.

Not to mention they could have you thrown out of the dealership.

You didn't have all the facts available to you when you made your choice. <i>Based on the knowledge you had</i>, you made the correct choice. Don't knock yourself; this is something that never would have occurred to me to look out for.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby silversurfer220 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:31 am

Well, talked to the dealership. Spoke with the GM, who was rather un-receptive in the beginning. He said- oops- we made a mistake- I'll call Toyota on Monday and get the warranty switched around. I told him that I was told that its not possible and he got mad. I presented my case to him wtih the other problems it has had too. After an hour or so of talking to him, he "said" he is willing to work with me. He offered to buy me out of the car or trade me into something different, which I want- I dont know. He first has to check with his zone rep to see what is allowable. Still VERY frustrated. I dont feel that anything was accomplished today, as I know that he wont call me back on monday to do anything about it.

On a more positive note, stopped at Infiniti on my way home and test drove a used 03 G35 coupe- sweet car. We'll see what happens.
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SPF 0 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:40 pm

Give this guy the benefit of the doubt for now.

He represents, in a decisive way, by far the quickest route out of this mess.

On another note, you should also be able to take action through your state's attorney general, if need be.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby silversurfer220 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:03 pm

SPF 0 wrote:Give this guy the benefit of the doubt for now.

He represents, in a decisive way, by far the quickest route out of this mess.

On another note, you should also be able to take action through your state's attorney general, if need be.

Only reason I said what I did about this gentleman is because he has supposed to have contacted me 6 different times about this issue before, and has taken no action to do so. I really think that I want out of the car, and then I'll go buy the Infiniti that I drove. If they do want to trade me into a diff one, its gotta be a red or black SLE with charcoal interior!
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby FLUXEMAG » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:51 pm

I got infinity NA to put new tires on my mom's car after battling them for a month. Dell sent me a new computer because I was such a pain in their a$$ it wasn't worth the support time. Sprint reduced my sister's bill by $400...you get the point.

Don't ever go away. Call Toyota N.A. and climb the ladder to the person who never talks on the phone to people. You have the gatekeeper who tells you 'no' no matter what you ask. Then there's his supervisor. The first supervisor is supposed to back his employee and tell you the same thing, no. The supervisor's supervisor will have to call you sometime in a week's time. They will appease you by telling you they will look into it and consider your arguement. Then they deny your request.

Now is when you throw a fit, all the other times remain calm and polite. Keep telling them they are wrong and you know for a fact you are correct. Like I said, never go away until you have what you want. If this person can't grant your request, ask for their supervisor. In this case you may need to write a letter.
FLUXEMAG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants