[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Dealership/Toyota screwed me BIG TIME
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Dealership/Toyota screwed me BIG TIME

Postby FLUXEMAG » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:56 pm

The dealer is small ball, I don't think they are going to help you until someone way up in Toyota customer service gets involved.

I don't think I've ever threatened to sue, that's something you just do because the threat is signalling you may not have the resources to follow thru.
FLUXEMAG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

It keeps coming

Postby silversurfer220 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:04 pm

I have several (6) files with Toyota customer service. The last one is the most serious. The dealership is un-willing to work with me, and they are deleting service files for my car, so that I cant go back and re-trace those problems. Hence, I bought a car with a pre-existing problem. Its funny though that if I call a diff dealership, those repairs show on Toyota's warranty log in the master system, but are no where to be found in my dealership's computer. I tipped toyota customer service off to this problem and they said that is very serious- serious enough that they could lose their franchise. They are going to conduct an audit. How do I know that these things have been deleted? I have been told of these repairs by my service advisors months ago, now they dont exist. hmmmm

Want to hear the BEST news? I found out via Toyota customer service that I am the SECOND owner of the vehicle that was sold to me as NEW. That would explain why the warranty was started 1 year + before I bought the car. I told that fact to the dealership and they said "its a mistake". Hmm Smart Toyota, why were all of the window stickers laying on the dash when I test drove the car?? I'm getting smarter and smarter by the day. Its to the point of ridiculous. Hard to believe that a 04 that I bought with 244 or so miles on it was a used car!
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:43 pm

What's interesting is they can sell it as a new car depending on miles. When I bought my car it had 1354 miles, the dealer tried to sell it as 'new' but DMV told them no, it has to be used. I don't know after what miles, but I guess it wouldn't matter if it was registered or not. I'm guessing DMV will only look at miles, which I don't agree with, they really should look at both.
Good luck, I hope all this pays off for you in the end. This dealership should get more than 'a slap in the hand' for something so deceiving.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:43 pm

null
Last edited by Jackass-Jeff on Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:17 am

When i bought my 2001 solara new in 2002, i was told it was ordered for a lady in 2001, but she didn't take delivery cus she wanted a sunroof, so it sat there for 8 months...Even tho' the car was new, i was given only two years of warranty on the car! My dealership was honest and upfront about it. From what was mentioned, Smart motors screwed you on your car and if i were you i'd either talk to an attorney (or talk to those UW law school students that want to take on proborno case). Good Luck!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Turbosolara » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:30 am

i agree with jeff, as long as the dealer found the chip on the windshield, they wont be responsible. it just like if they found a needle on your tire, they wont not give you warranty on the tire. because it is not a manufacture defect.
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby silversurfer220 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:45 pm

Well, after finding out that I am 2nd owner of the car that I was told I was the 1st owner, I gave the dealership an ultimatum. (after a long chat with a lawyer friend) Either I get a NEW car, loaded identically like mine at no additional charge to me, or I get the state of Wisconsin involved with the dept of Agriculture Trade and Consumer protection, filling for a misrepresented vehicle, which will hold NO weight in court. The dealership has until the close of business TODAY to make their decision, or I am going to proceed with legal action starting tomorrow morning. Will let you guys know what happens. Thanks
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:52 pm

silversurfer220 wrote:Well, after finding out that I am 2nd owner of the car that I was told I was the 1st owner, I gave the dealership an ultimatum. (after a long chat with a lawyer friend) Either I get a NEW car, loaded identically like mine at no additional charge to me, or I get the state of Wisconsin involved with the dept of Agriculture Trade and Consumer protection, filling for a misrepresented vehicle, which will hold NO weight in court. The dealership has until the close of business TODAY to make their decision, or I am going to proceed with legal action starting tomorrow morning. Will let you guys know what happens. Thanks

Awesome mad! I'm glad you did that. It shows idiot dealer, as you mentioned, why they are idiot dealers. Assuming it's one of those small dealers, Toyota may revoke the owner's right to sell Toyotas (if this isn't the first time)... you can probably at least get a few people canned. hahahaha

Good luck!!
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Postby silversurfer220 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:23 pm

AAAAAhhhhhhh. Just ran a carfax on my car. Its not what was contained in the carfax that alarmed me, but the fact that MY CAR with MY VIN is listed as one of the "Carfax HOT listings" - (vehicles for sale). WTF?????????
Last edited by silversurfer220 on Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SC V6 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:26 pm

probably because so many people (dealership people) have been looking it up trying to either hide things or something.. I dunno
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Postby SC V6 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:43 pm

how did this turn out.. im super curious
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Postby silversurfer220 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:40 pm

Well, I am still arguing with the dealership, and they seem to want to do nothing. Supposedly, they are calling Toyota to get the warranty start date set to when I bought the car, not 1 year before I bought it. I am soooooo frustrated with them now. They dont seem to want to get me out of the car, they don't seem to want to buy it back, and the stance that I had, being a 2nd owner holds no weight. I guess the car was "sold" in Toyota's sense because the buyer financed it, and then didnt take delivery of it, so thats where the problem came in- he wanted more for his truck, so he didnt take the car. I am going to hold onto the car for now, deal with its problems and hope that something happens so that I can SUE SUE SUE. Maybe then they will believe that the car has a problem. Honestly, I went to about 30 diff car lots and right now, there really isnt a ton of stuff out there that I want. Sure, I'd love a G35 coupe, but its not a smart decision up here with lots of snow. I'm gonna hold onto the Toyota for a little bit, pay it down and dump it. Toyota and my dealership will have to deal with me on the back end, especailly since I told 3 of their prospective customers how they dont stand behind their product and dont perform warranty work when its brought in for service, and they lost 3 sales- 2 Sequoias and 1 Solara. I'm sure that hurt a little. I was waiting to speak with the GM and the receptionist asked why I looked sooo frustrated and I told her- then 4 diff groups of people proceeded to just walk out of the dealership and say "I can't believe they would treat you like that and not fix your car".
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:38 pm

Null
Last edited by Jackass-Jeff on Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby biggie » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:56 pm

And you think you got screwed by Toyota...poor guy :(. Well, back in February my '05 4Runner Limited caught fire and exploded on my driveway. Toyota claimed no responsibility for nearly burning down my house as well. I lost 12K in the end - truck was written off so I bought an Infiniti FX45...never been happier!!! F*** Toyota (still have my '04 'boat' V6 sport though, and I ain't too happy with it either)
2004 Solara SE V6 Sport:
Black/Black
18" Lexani Krystal Wheels
Xenon Lights
35% Tint
biggie
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants