[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Dealership at Irvine, California
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Dealership at Irvine, California

Dealership at Irvine, California

Postby acfan » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:21 pm

I got my 04 Solara V6 SLE brand new last year and now the sunroof doesn't open at all. I have dealer look into it.

First, they ordered a new sunroof and told me to come back when the parts arrived. Okay so I waited.

Second visit, when sunroof arrived, I left the car at the dealer and got a call later that they need to order the rail as well...so I went back and pickup the car.

Third visit, when rail arrived, I left the car with assurance that this is it. I got a call later that they have to take the whole backwindow off in order to install/replace the sunroof. I was in shock...WHY? I do not know how sunroof gets install/replace. Anyway, there isn't anything I can do so I trust them to do whatever it takes to fix it.

The next day, I got a call from dealer, saying they need extra day because they run in to difficulty installing the sunroof...now I am pissed. Isn't dealer suppose to be professional? How can they *RUN* into problem???

Right now the car is still at dealer. Besides asking them for a complete checklists on what was done to my car and what problem they run into, I do not know what else to do...

If anyone have any suggestion on what I need to watch out for, please let me know...I love my car, it is only a year old and I don't like the fact it has been taking apart by professional and *run* into problems....

Thanks a lot!
acfan@hotmail.com
acfan
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ClassySolaraGuy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:33 pm

I hope your not paying a cent to have this problem fixed! I would get the name or names of the techs that worked on your car and also have the dealership throw in some gas, oil changes, whatever for the inconveinece! I got a free loaner car, 100.00 gas card, oil change and a complete detail to my Solara because I had to go to the shop more than once for the same problem. Waiting that long is ridiculous and unprofessional. They probably just put that on the back of thier "to-do" list. Its not that hard.
Project: Icis (My gurls 05' Sport 3MZ)

"Passion in a project reveals the perfection at work"
ClassySolaraGuy
1 Rockin' Solara
1 Rockin' Solara

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:40 pm

They're learning, with your car is wtf they're doing.
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:57 pm

They probably let a rookie work on the car . . . that's usually when the car returns to the dealer multiple times, not all parts are ordered correctly (parts dept/tech fault), etc...

but I don't see why the rear glass had to be removed... the headliner at most! They probably misdiagnosed it... so to avoid eating the cost of parts they "worked it out" on your car. . . the cause I usually see on moonroof inop are:

Battery was disconnected and it has to be reinitialized (along w/ windows)

Moonroof cable snapped

Lack of lube in moonroof motor causing electrical problems
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby acfan » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:59 pm

Thanks for the quick response guys.

I will look into getting some sort of free oil change, getting the tech name (or company, I think dealer handed off to off site people)

acfan
acfan
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Sp33d » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:19 pm

ClassySolaraGuy wrote:I hope your not paying a cent to have this problem fixed! I would get the name or names of the techs that worked on your car and also have the dealership throw in some gas, oil changes, whatever for the inconveinece! I got a free loaner car, 100.00 gas card, oil change and a complete detail to my Solara because I had to go to the shop more than once for the same problem. Waiting that long is ridiculous and unprofessional. They probably just put that on the back of thier "to-do" list. Its not that hard.

gas card to say the least. hope they gave you ar ental car or at least drove you where you needed to be. complete detail can be discussed over though, but do express your frustration over the lack of convenience.

-Mark
Sp33d
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:25 am

talk to the SERVICE MANAGER

they may hook it up if you go there regularly... if you only go for warranty they may just ban you lol
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby acfan » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:34 am

I got my car back last week or so. This week has been raining and I turn on my defrost. Guess what, it isn't working!

My guess is that when they take off the rare window, they *forget* to plug the electricity back for defrosting.

I would say Power Toyota at Irvine is about to lose 1 loyal customer...
acfan
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SPF 0 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:48 am

I think you're due for the courtesy adjustments on your next servicing.
'05 Black Solara Convertible SLE, Gold Pinstriping, red calipers, lower grille, OBX pedals, Solara door sills, and OEM splash guards.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:41 pm

wow... seriously. call the service manager and speak to him regarding this. it's just ridiculous. if he's not help, call toyota customer care. they certainly WILL help.
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby cRaCkeD oUt » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:52 pm

I bought my 05 SE Sport Artic White from there in July and man... all the little bitches there have attitude. They give me a crappy attitude everytime I go. Im going to find a better Toyota Dealership w/better service. Screw Power Toyota of Irvine.
Own yaH! @_@

2005 Toyota Solara SE Sport 5Spd. I4- Artic White
cRaCkeD oUt
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby marc780 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:14 pm

I work on cars all day, and i think perhaps the dealer is just running into extra problems that no one can control. This always always happens when working on cars, its a snowball effect - it looks simple at first but then you find out this part had to be changed, that part is wrong, etc.

Also the person giving you the time estimate is usually not the person doing the work! And a lot of times the service writer knows nothing about cars. So they often have no concept of how long it takes to do things.

If this is being fixed under warranty, you can be sure they are not tryng t gouge you! So maybe i'd be a little patient with them IMO that's all... :fadein:
; )
marc780
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby hskrsolara » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:37 pm

new rule...dont dig up old posts.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants