[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DON'T Buy at Toyota of Orlando, or use them for service
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

DON'T Buy at Toyota of Orlando, or use them for service

DON'T Buy at Toyota of Orlando, or use them for service

Postby MCOjerry » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:40 pm

I have to say, that luckily, I have had good luck with my Solara. The only problem I had initially was the keyless entry wouldn't work and the interior lights wouldn't come on. They kept telling me it was the batteries (yeah, that's why both remotes didn't work!), but that they didn't have any to replace them.

So, they diagnose the light problem (took HOURS). Finally, they bring the car to me and apparently there was a twisted wire in the lamp assembly and that was causing the the light issue. They tell me that I'm going to have to come back when they can order some batteries for my remotes...OK, I shouldn't have to pay to replace the batteries (buy buying them somewhere else) in NEW remotes, so I go along with this, even though it's annoying to have to use the damn key to get in.

I go to a friends house and while waiting fro them to come out I fidget (as I'm known to do), and press the buttons on the remote. I hear this beeping and think WTF is that (remember, I have not heard this before). DAMN remote works!! You would think that the Toyota CERTIFIED technicians would have known that the keyless entry was operated by the same wiring as the damn light!!! IDIOTS!!!

I would definitely not recommend Toyota of Orlando for sales either. They totally screwed me over on the price of my car. I'm not going to say how much, because I don't even want to think about it, but I am basing it on research and some of the posts in here. It's COMPLETELY my fault, because I didn't do the proper research before buying and because I completely fell in love with the car at first sight. That's VERY bad, because all I could thing was...I WANT it.

The salesperson was an ass and lied about the terms of the contract. Unfortunately I was at the dealership SO long, and was SO tired in the end, I didn't notice the sly little change in the terms of the deal until it was signed.

Again, I blame myself only. I was stupid and I DO KNOW BETTER.

I do love my car...It's great, and I wouldn't want another for any reason, I'm just mad at myself.

Oh, another instance of the Parts/Service departments idiocy. All of the literature in the Toyota manual refers to XM radio. I thought that, since car companies had deals with the satellite companies, you were usually limited to that particular company. Well, I noticed that the control button for satellite radio simply says SAT. Usually, if there is an agreement, it would say XM or SIRIUS. I called (and went in person) to enquire on the availability to get SIRIUS instead of XM. (I want my Howard Stern!). I was told ABSOLUTELY no. It has to be XM. OK, we all know that's not true...BTW, why do I have a SAT button and no receiver...that's pretty cheap of the dealership...the damn car probably came with one and they probably removed it to make more money.

Anyway, don't go to Toyota of Orlando. I don't think there are many Orlando Owners here, but I'm sure there are people who read but haven't joined...be forewarned, Toyota of Orlando sucks, their sales/service people are rude and they are not worthy of your business.

Unfortunately, they sell quadrillions of cars...so If I can convince just ONE person to stay away, my job is done.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby StockSolara » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:56 am

Freaken Dealerships I just hate them in general. . . they always talk like they know everything
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6
2000 Lexus GS400
StockSolara
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby MCOjerry » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:02 pm

Agreed, but when you have a new car, you have a little fear of taking your car elsewhere, or your warranty might be void.

I will be visiting another Toyota dealer her ein Orlando. It sucks though, because this particular dealer is open on Saturday and Sunday. All the more people to screw over :-(

:evilbat:
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:52 am

MCOjerry wrote:Agreed, but when you have a new car, you have a little fear of taking your car elsewhere, or your warranty might be void.

I will be visiting another Toyota dealer her ein Orlando. It sucks though, because this particular dealer is open on Saturday and Sunday. All the more people to screw over :-(

:evilbat:

You can have maintenance performed anywhere AS LONG AS you have the receipts of what was done (oil change, rotation, trans fluid, coolant, etc etc) and the warranty will be ok. It's a common misconception that you need to go to dealers to maintain a warranty. If you do it yourself, have timely receipts of when you purchased fluids/filters and it will also be ok.

If part of the repair order was for warranty, you will get a survey. There should be a technician number on the invoice you received. You can note that tech# ____ possibly isn't trained correctly etc etc... THat way, you may help someone else down the line if the same tech does something that may actually be important (keyless entry can't get you killed, at least I think it cant lol)
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Somedude » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:59 am

I know what you mean, my dad brought my car from Toyota of Orlando, I went there to buy my TRD RSB before. They didn't even know the part was on sale, they thought it was discontinued.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity,
but if you want to test a man's character,
give him power". -Abraham Lincoln
Somedude
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby MCOjerry » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:08 am

Thanks Jeff, I know that, but it relies on me keeping the records, whic I'm HORRIBLE at. That's why I rely on the dealer. There are 2 more here in Orlando, so I will try my luck with another.

The two cars I had before this were both Saturns, and the service there was the best. I was always treated well and there was never an instance when I felt they didn't know what they were doing. I bought the Solara Convertible ofer something else because it was love it first sight...I almost didn't even need to test drive it.

Somedude: Thank you for letting me know it's not just me. :-)
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby silversurfer220 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:56 pm

Sux to hear about the bad service that you've gotten.

Just fyi- all solaras with the JBL audio sytem in them have a button that says "SAT". Mine did when I bought the car, and then I decided to add the XM radio to it. I was also told that Sirius is not availiable to add to our "XM READY" recievers. Good luck!
2004 SLE V6 Lunar Mist
VSC/NAV/6000K HID/XM/TRAC/CURTAIN
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MCOjerry » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:29 pm

Thanks Silversurfer...I have read some of your posts and am very sorry about the luck that you have had with your car and the service you received as well. Perhaps your dealer and mine are related! :-)
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:49 pm

just buy a plastic envelope-style folder and keep the records tucked in the trunk =P then you know where they are at all times
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Somedude » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:56 pm

I always keep the car records in the glove box of the Solara, it is more secure that way.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity,
but if you want to test a man's character,
give him power". -Abraham Lincoln
Somedude
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby silversurfer220 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:01 am

Somedude wrote:I always keep the car records in the glove box of the Solara, it is more secure that way.

Thats a good idea- I have too many to fit in the glove box, or I would.
2004 SLE V6 Lunar Mist
VSC/NAV/6000K HID/XM/TRAC/CURTAIN
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby bluesolara » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:32 pm

StockSolara wrote:Freaken Dealerships I just hate them in general. . . they always talk like they know everything

DEALERSHIPS SUCK.
2001 Indigo Ink Pearl SE
H4 6000K/Tein S-tech/Motegi FF7 Gunmetal17'/Kuhmo Ecsta Asx tires/Short Shifter (custom)/Clear Corners//TRD muffler
God bless.
bluesolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby rossman945 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:56 pm

Yeah, I purposely bought my 1999 solara at a dealership that way I wouldn't get screwed over, and the manager was my moms best friend. I test drove the car and loved it, so we bought it. A few days later I noticed wierd noises coming from the car, so we took it back, and their like oh, your struts are bad and we later found out that they knew about it and they withheld it from us. If we had known that, we wouldnt have bought it, and we would have looked for another solara somewher else. Within the next few thousand miles I'm going to have to replace all 4 struts.
rossman945
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:06 pm

Did you get it here in Orlando or in Merritt Island?

How do you know that they knew about the problem before you bougght it? if you can prove it, I think they HAVE to do something about it, or take it back.

If you know an attorney, you may want to ask them about it.
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby rossman945 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:40 pm

We bought it on Merritt Island, we brought the car over a year ago, but they didnt show us their 101 point inspection paper, which had written on it, all 4 struts would soon have to be replaced written on it.
rossman945
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants