[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What is up w/ the dealership??
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

What is up w/ the dealership??

What is up w/ the dealership??

Postby bluesolara » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:29 pm

Dude...
Toyota dealerships are a monopoly. I want this little, NOT EVEN 1-INCH WIDE, button for the shift lock... and they charge 4.96 +tax???!?!?!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?p=237928#237928

That's more than a hamburger, seriously something has to be done about this... Like blowing up some dealerships or something (after we jack all the Solaras from there)...

Man, unbelievable. :evil:
2001 Indigo Ink Pearl SE
H4 6000K/Tein S-tech/Motegi FF7 Gunmetal17'/Kuhmo Ecsta Asx tires/Short Shifter (custom)/Clear Corners//TRD muffler
God bless.
bluesolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby lilm » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:31 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL

called stealership for a reason :evilbat:
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby MCOjerry » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:37 pm

I take it that the guy who wrecked his car didn't get back to you?

Most Toyota (notice I said MOST) seem to be a little shady. I may be a little jaded, since ALL of the dealerships in Oralndo are shady, but my Toyota dealeship SUCKED ASS, DICK and whatever else they could fit :lol:

I wish you could buy a car right from the manufacturer...why the hell do you need a dealership ffor anyway, except to mark up your car...I supposed it's the easiest was to get the card from point A to point B, but you could like get on an area wide list or something, and order your car. Then everyone could go to some central place to pick it up...I dunno...just pissed at dealerships too :-(
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby bluesolara » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:06 pm

MCOjerry wrote:I take it that the guy who wrecked his car didn't get back to you?

Most Toyota (notice I said MOST) seem to be a little shady. I may be a little jaded, since ALL of the dealerships in Oralndo are shady, but my Toyota dealeship SUCKED donkey, DICK and whatever else they could fit :lol:

I wish you could buy a car right from the manufacturer...why the hell do you need a dealership ffor anyway, except to mark up your car...I supposed it's the easiest was to get the card from point A to point B, but you could like get on an area wide list or something, and order your car. Then everyone could go to some central place to pick it up...I dunno...just pissed at dealerships too :-(

Dude, BUMP that. I think they all do, I would say Toyota sucks if they didn't make Solara's.... seriously, in this situation, you don't know who to get mad at... hahahaha kind of awkward like that.

Yeah, didn't hear back from the wreck person, I'm going with Reggie who will send me the piece for $3 total, shipped and everything which is an amazing deal compared to that dealership.

Well.. hopefully.. someday the dealerships will be dealt with the same manner they treat their customers.
2001 Indigo Ink Pearl SE
H4 6000K/Tein S-tech/Motegi FF7 Gunmetal17'/Kuhmo Ecsta Asx tires/Short Shifter (custom)/Clear Corners//TRD muffler
God bless.
bluesolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:08 pm

One can only hope...It wold be nice if they got theirs in the end..

MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:12 pm

employee discount rox =]
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby bluesolara » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:13 pm

Jackass-Jeff wrote:employee discount rox =]

For sure :P
Too bad I'm not an employee.
2001 Indigo Ink Pearl SE
God bless.
bluesolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:20 pm

Jeff - Want to share your employee discount next time I buy a car????????????? :lol: Wait, why am I laughing, I'm serious!
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:00 pm

MCOjerry wrote:Jeff - Want to share your employee discount next time I buy a car????????????? :lol: Wait, why am I laughing, I'm serious!

if you fly over here... r o f l
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby MCOjerry » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:34 pm

Where are you, California? Don't think I won't :-) I can get a cheap flight!!
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby WTF?? » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:15 pm

shooooot be happy its only $5....

i had to pay for a plastic circular thing about 1 inch diameter that ran $15 for another car
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:26 pm

Jeff, if I remember correctly, you work in Longo Toyota or Lexus, right? What department do you work in? I paid somewhere around $15 for red OEM coolant (DIY flushing once I get the time to do so), so if that isn't highway robbery, I don't know what is.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:37 pm

NeFaRiOuS_SLE wrote:Jeff, if I remember correctly, you work in Longo Toyota or Lexus, right? What department do you work in? I paid somewhere around $15 for red OEM coolant (DIY flushing once I get the time to do so), so if that isn't highway robbery, I don't know what is.

Cost is $13 bro... so don't think it's marked up like crazy.
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:23 am

:bad-words: That's still more expensive than Prestone and the like! Anyway, which dept.?
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:36 am

You should be happy that the dealership only charges $5 for a part that they probally sell once every 5 years.

I do still agree that dealerships can be ripoffs, but not in this situation. How long do you think it took someone to find the part number, place the order, and then receive it in. Even if it only took 10 minutes total, they barely made money after they pay their salary
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Next

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants