[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What is up w/ the dealership??
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

What is up w/ the dealership??

Postby dude » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:42 am

dude,
it's supply and demand. why would a dealership bother to even stock the item? or have one shipped in for you. not becuase they would make any profit of that item. if fact, they actually lose money on parts like those. but it is time and effort. if you bought one on the internet and it was the wrong size. or your c.c.# was stolen, etc,etc. if you could get the part and not have to worry or think about it then i think $5 to get on with other things is a bargain. everyone likes to dish dealerships because everyone is an expert on cars. and yes, i do agree they need to improve but how do you find service in your average bank? dealerships are a necessary evil. they are high risk, high overhead, high profit businesses.
dude
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MCOjerry » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:19 pm

dude wrote:dude,
it's supply and demand. why would a dealership bother to even stock the item? or have one shipped in for you. not becuase they would make any profit of that item. if fact, they actually lose money on parts like those. but it is time and effort. if you bought one on the internet and it was the wrong size. or your c.c.# was stolen, etc,etc. if you could get the part and not have to worry or think about it then i think $5 to get on with other things is a bargain. everyone likes to dish dealerships because everyone is an expert on cars. and yes, i do agree they need to improve but how do you find service in your average bank? dealerships are a necessary evil. they are high risk, high overhead, high profit businesses.

You are incorrect...dealers are not a necessary evil, they are just evil. Why can't we just buy our cars direct from the manufacturer?
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:24 pm

MCOjerry wrote:You are incorrect...dealers are not a necessary evil, they are just evil. Why can't we just buy our cars direct from the manufacturer?

So they don't have to deal w/ as many idiots as we deal with
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby MCOjerry » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:42 pm

Jackass-Jeff wrote:
MCOjerry wrote:You are incorrect...dealers are not a necessary evil, they are just evil. Why can't we just buy our cars direct from the manufacturer?

So they don't have to deal w/ as many idiots as we deal with

I suppose you are correct, and I sure wouldn't want you to lose your job, but I also wish it were an option.

I'm 35, and have owned 5 brand new cars. The dealership has tried to screw me on all of them except the two Saturns I bought. Even Saturn was a little sketchy, but I give them some credit for not being as bad as the others.

Why do they have to screw with you like they do? Why can't they just be legit and treat car buyers with respect? I'd REALLY like to know the answer to that. Please give me some insight.

Jeff - If your dealership is different, perhaps I really need to come out there to buy my next car :-)
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Previous

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants