[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Damn Toyota dealership
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Damn Toyota dealership

Damn Toyota dealership

Postby Chose » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:30 am

You guys think you have it bad when I picked up my 2001 Solara from the dealership all seemed fine. About a month or two later my clutch burned out. Me being me I decided to upgrade and throw in an ACT heavyduty pressure plate, Exedy Nodified street disc, and a Fidanza Flywheel. HAHA heres the good part, Once the drivetrain was apart we noticed something funny, after taking several pics, and some crazy research we found that they had put the disc in backwards, and the flywheel wasn't even from a toyota!!! It's a good thing my sponsorships paid for the parts or I probably wouldn't have been able to laugh it off.
Chosen Few
Chose
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:09 pm

I D I O T S ! ! ! ! ! ! !
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby BradOwens » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:12 pm

wow thts sad. u proly shoulda taken it to a professional mechanic tht works on toyotas but not part of the dealership. or maybe even a customization shop. but yea tht sucks im glad ur gettin the new stuff for free.
BradOwens
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:04 am

These kinds of scenarios need to be brought to the dealerships attention (more so than ours). This was, next dude may not be as lucky as you.
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Turbosolara » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:09 am

your car was a trade-in car isnt? the previous owner must drive the s**t out of the car to kill the clutch. my 2000 solara has turbo and 78k miles, i am still using my original oem clutch and they still work well.
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby SleeperSolara » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:54 am

Wow that stupid shite.
I only order parts from the dealership that i can install which is most of the stuff.
But wit my on goin' project i'm tryin' to do i will have to bring it to a custom shop to do most of the work for me.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Chose » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:13 am

it wasn't a big deal to do the swap. Took about 7 hours. I do all the locals work around here. Audio, fabrication (fiberglass), video, performance. Thats how I pay for my crap. LOL. Ya do somethin ya love and get paid. Wish I'd of gotten my ASE Cert. And yeah my car was a trade in. It only had 31,000 when I got it. No excuse for that crap. But hey at least I can launch at 5g's now!!!
Chosen Few
Chose
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants