[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - don't look here. :)
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

don't look here. :)

Postby trdkamuri51o » Thu May 11, 2006 6:44 pm

udonoogen wrote:a friend of mine tripped at home depot and broke her leg. home depot ended up paying her a nice sum of money.

sorry but i hate sue happy american idiots.. its her own damn fault that she "tripped" by not watching where she was walking..

god and you wonder why we pay up the ass for insurance.. she is one of the fawkin reasons...
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Lucky » Thu May 11, 2006 7:11 pm

trdkamuri51o wrote:
udonoogen wrote:a friend of mine tripped at home depot and broke her leg. home depot ended up paying her a nice sum of money.

sorry but i hate sue happy american idiots.. its her own damn fault that she "tripped" by not watching where she was walking..

god and you wonder why we pay up the donkey for insurance.. she is one of the fawkin reasons...

I too have grown sick of "sue happy" people. You'll see on the news where people will go somewhere and intentionally hurt themselves so they can sue the piss out of a place or somebody. Yes, I understand there's some instances where law suits are necessary but in many cases, they can easily be avoided.
2005 Solara SE Sport
Red, Convertible-Black cloth top
Lucky
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MCOjerry » Thu May 11, 2006 7:18 pm

right, but you don't know these situations, so don't automatically assume they are frivolous.

You can only know if a suit is frivolous with personal knowledge of it.

You have no idea why the lady tripped at Home Depot and this guy's instance doesn't seem to be staged.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

BS

Postby JMSinMaryland » Thu May 11, 2006 7:32 pm

Even if nobody sued the insurance industry would charge just as much. I would rather deal with a used car salesperson or a credit card company than an insurance company. Anytime I do have to deal with them I just have my lawyer handle it, otherwise they try to run right over you. When I was in a car accident a few years back that I am still dealing with the effects today, they offered me 8,000 for my pain and suffering. I told them I would see them in court and until the day before court they kept calling offering me a bit more and a bit more. Wound up settling for 19k. All they cared about is their bottom line. F em. Jon.
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby CosmicGrooves » Fri May 12, 2006 12:45 pm

I will be receiving the documentation today describing the problem and warranty for the repairs.

When I originally dropped off the vehicle for maintence, thinking I'd be picking it up the same day, it had a full tank of gas. When I picked up the car yesterday, it had a half tank. They will be filling the car up with gas when I go get the paper work.

Seems like this is all finally getting wrapped up.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants