[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - don't look here. :)
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

don't look here. :)

don't look here. :)

Postby CosmicGrooves » Wed May 03, 2006 1:34 pm

:glad that's done:
Last edited by CosmicGrooves on Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Biggi_e » Wed May 03, 2006 1:38 pm

i got my ecm relfash done on my car and it still has the lag..hopefully they dont screw you over with all the problems they "say" their going to fix. Goodluck with it
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby CosmicGrooves » Wed May 03, 2006 11:18 pm

Smack down!
Last edited by CosmicGrooves on Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu May 04, 2006 1:06 am

So sorry to hear of your horrible experience. I hope they fix everything. I'll move this to Horrible Service section. Mind if I ask for the name of the dealership that did this?

-M :-?
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby gone » Thu May 04, 2006 7:45 am

i would be pissed also. if you're knee is all bruised and u have to go to the doctor, ide give them your doctor bill and make them pay and definitely have them fix ur roof asap.That dent would annoy me
gone
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby CosmicGrooves » Sat May 06, 2006 3:10 pm

Yeah you know me, Every body!
Last edited by CosmicGrooves on Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Sat May 06, 2006 3:44 pm

OUCH! I hope your kneee is not messed up...that would be worse than the dent on your car...knees are, well, a really important part of your body!
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby udonoogen » Sat May 06, 2006 4:18 pm

a friend of mine tripped at home depot and broke her leg. home depot ended up paying her a nice sum of money.
1999 V6 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
udonoogen
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby tacti » Sat May 06, 2006 5:09 pm

sorry to here your incidence.
hope everything will be okay after all, and least the dealer is being honest.
take it easy on your knee, hope this coming week would be better week for you.

Tact
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Sun May 07, 2006 7:20 pm

Sorry to hear, bro... At least it ain't a Focus station wagon (ZX5) or a Lancer ES that reeked of cigarettes (just you try to kick the habit when you get cravings every time you step into the car...). Glad to hear that they're fixing everything, though.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby CosmicGrooves » Thu May 11, 2006 12:43 pm

Kris kros will make ya, jump jump.
Last edited by CosmicGrooves on Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sentinel » Thu May 11, 2006 1:01 pm

you can always sue for the knee injury even if you can't get the car straight. Wet floor in a dealer service shop is bull. That's the kind of crap you see in a sloppy svc. center.
It dosn;t surprise me you've been having problems from a svc. dept that is messy. Not that its a direct corrolation: but messier shops generally do crummier work. The shop-cleanliness is a visual indication of how the mechanics view their work and their workshop.
Sentinel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Biggi_e » Thu May 11, 2006 1:10 pm

Sentinel wrote:you can always sue for the knee injury even if you can't get the car straight. Wet floor in a dealer service shop is bull. That's the kind of crap you see in a sloppy svc. center.
It dosn;t surprise me you've been having problems from a svc. dept that is messy. Not that its a direct corrolation: but messier shops generally do crummier work. The shop-cleanliness is a visual indication of how the mechanics view their work and their workshop.

ive noticed that a lot that most svc dept. ive been too are clean and do a well job but even tho 355 toyota said they fixed my ecm reflash and their area was very clean i still have issues
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby CosmicGrooves » Thu May 11, 2006 6:02 pm

Well, I got the car back finally. Everything looks great, as far as I can tell at the moment. I also had the rear badges removed. Not the toyota emblem or the word Solara, but on the corners of the trunk lid, I had 'Toyota' and 'SE V6' removed.

It's been waxed and detailed, though I could have done a better job at waxing it. I'll have to take a rag to the interior and wipe off all the excess armor all or whatever product they used. It's very greesy at the moment.

I also got the ECM flashed, and in the short drive from the dealership to here, it seems to be more responsive... I'll see how it goes after a week of driving or so.

I just don't know what to think. I will be receiving documentation describing the incident and a letter from the service director for warranty information tomorrow.

After driving a Corolla for over a week, it felt very nice getting back in my car!
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Fratsgotasolara » Thu May 11, 2006 6:39 pm

Sorry about the luck, and as has been mentioned sloppy service departments normally aren't good ones, the one i work at is best described as the entrance to hell but, seeing the dealership side of things is also an important view, I've screwed up customer cars in the past like every tech has and most customers normally are ok with repairs to fix these screw ups as you seem to be but as for your mention of the guy shaking when you were talking to him I probably shake when i have to confront customers about anything much less messing up their car and in your case personal injury to the customer i would hate to be the guy that had to talk to you, especially avoiding lawsuits and trying to keep you happy, i'm saying you are in the wrong but just understand they probably are trying to make this right for you as smoothly as possible and maybe give them a little slack.
~Keith
"You may not know me, But your girlfriend does!" -Delta Chi OSU
Fratsgotasolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants