[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Do not buy from Brown's Toyota of Glen Burnie, MD...EVER!
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Do not buy from Brown's Toyota of Glen Burnie, MD...EVER!

Do not buy from Brown's Toyota of Glen Burnie, MD...EVER!

Postby 213ninja » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:54 am

213ninja
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mr. Slippery » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:14 am

Ouch dude. That's terrible. Hope it works out for the best.

Nice ride too, I'm really feeling those wheels.

Looks like me and James (Prodigy79) have got some competition..... :lol:
-MATT-
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/MrSlippery/Copyof9-21154.jpg[/img]
Mr. Slippery
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Astro » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:55 pm

Man, that's horrible! Good luck, I hope they care of everything!
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby DatSRBoi » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:08 pm

DAMMMM
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby steve-o » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:42 pm

This goes back a few years. Those letters are dated 2004. What is your agenda? How come you never went to the BBB, Attorny General, etc. You had a can't lose case?? You have some great laws in MD..and some great law firms that handle notihng but cases like yours. What happened at corporate?
steve-o
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:42 pm

holy FU<K... that would piss me off... just lookin at those pics piss me off :(
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

Postby steve-o » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:48 pm

steve-o
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 213ninja » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:29 am

steve-o wrote:http://www.baltimore.bbb.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&ComID=0011000000001211

you're right, i bought it in 2004 and they still never fixed a thing. they wouldn't touch it. corporate denied me and said i had to take it up with the dealer. toyo corp says they do not endorse making aftermarket mods to their vehicles nor with they stand behind any problems resulting from such modification, even though it was recommened by the dealer. but, the dealer wouldn't speak to me...the GM acted like i was a nuisance....ignored my letters and denied me service completely.

i didn't even think of the BBB. i thought my next move had to be to get a lawyer, and at the time that car took me broke so i was stuck......
213ninja
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby steve-o » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:03 am

213ninja wrote:
steve-o wrote:http://www.baltimore.bbb.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&ComID=0011000000001211

you're right, i bought it in 2004 and they still never fixed a thing. they wouldn't touch it. corporate denied me and said i had to take it up with the dealer. toyo corp says they do not endorse making aftermarket mods to their vehicles nor with they stand behind any problems resulting from such modification, even though it was recommened by the dealer. but, the dealer wouldn't speak to me...the GM acted like i was a nuisance....ignored my letters and denied me service completely.

i didn't even think of the BBB. i thought my next move had to be to get a lawyer, and at the time that car took me broke so i was stuck......

From what we see here this dealership REALLY screwed up bad. Anyone would be pissed.
Well its NOT too late. Do it know. If you want heat on these guys the BBB and attorney general will do it. They see the envelope and they cringe. You won't get satisfaction here. You'll get sympathy and maybe a few MD solaraguy peeps will stay away but try the BBB route and check out www.lemonlaw.com, see if they handle MD and if they do let them tell you what they think its free. You got nothing to lose. You write well. Just try and keep it short. Keep whitling it down so you get all the info in a few paragraphs.
steve-o
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Get a Lawyer

Postby JMSinMaryland » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:10 am

Get a lawyer to sue for cost of repairs or replacement of comprable vehicle prior to incident. Time and mental anguish should also be reperated for. Be a bigger pain in the ass than they can stand. The squeaky wheel certainly does get the grease. If it was me I'd stand outside the dealership with a sign and get the word out on the internet including my3cents.com. Don't let them brush you off. Jon.
17" Toyota Highlander Limited wheels for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/g ... ed-wheels/
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 213ninja » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:11 pm

I just finished filing an official complaint with the BBB. It was really difficult to cram everything i wanted to say into 2000 characters! I don't really have the money to afford a lawyer...so, hopefully the BBB can assist. Thanks for the advice all...we'll see what happens....
213ninja
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MCOjerry » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:50 pm

213ninja wrote:I just finished filing an official complaint with the BBB. It was really difficult to cram everything i wanted to say into 2000 characters! I don't really have the money to afford a lawyer...so, hopefully the BBB can assist. Thanks for the advice all...we'll see what happens....

Keep us updated!
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby steve-o » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:12 pm

213ninja wrote:I just finished filing an official complaint with the BBB. It was really difficult to cram everything i wanted to say into 2000 characters! I don't really have the money to afford a lawyer...so, hopefully the BBB can assist. Thanks for the advice all...we'll see what happens....
Don't be frustrated by the time element. This is the state your dealing with. Eventually you will get the right contact and it will fall into place. When the dealer extended the option to install the sunroof that sort of implies to me(I'm not a lawyer) that that is the equivelent of a dealer installed option and therfore part of the Toyota Warranty. If they broke the warranty without your consent they still lose. The fact that the contract to install the sunroof was between the dealer and the trim place
should have been transparent to you. It couldn't hurt to mail the BBB a more extended and detailed letter w/pictures, make copies and send them to rhe atty genl., and whomever else you can. Radio stations, TV stations, etc.. Send it certified. Don't let the dealer know your doing this. Most people say they'll do stuff and don't. You be the one to not say what you'll do and just do it. Good Luck.
steve-o
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:37 am

Ouch. Hope everything works out, because even someone with vertical strabismus (cross-eye that splits up and down) can tell it's crooked!
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 213ninja » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:28 am

well, BBB doesn't want to assist. apparantly they didn't read it well because i do mention the warranty, but then they said it's too old......here's what they said:

"Dear Mrs. Sadler,

Thank you for your recent correspondence to the Better Business Bureau. After reviewing your correspondence, we have determined that we will be unable to pursue this complaint on your behalf. . The Better Business Bureau, as a rule, does not handle complaints where the complaint issue(s) occurred more than a year ago. You stated in your complaint that you purchased the car in December 2003 and gave no indication that any of the issues were warranty issues. We will retain your complaint as information in our files as a point of reference for determining potential patterns of unsatisfactory business practices.

You may wish to contact the MVA on Ritchie Highway - Dealer Licensing Division or small claims court. "

they didn't even get my name right!!!!!!! and called me a Mrs.!!!!!
213ninja
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Next

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants