[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Crestmont Toyota
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Crestmont Toyota

Crestmont Toyota

Postby Steve526 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:47 pm

About a week and a half ago I started looking at the solara (that I now own) at Crestmont Toyota in NJ. I had researched beforehand and on their website $13,988 was their price. My dad and I went and talked to one of the salesmen and talked to us about it, we test drove it and then went inside to see what they were gonna let it go for.
First price he gave us, $16,000 (13,988 on site). Dad haggled with him back and forth for an hour, $15,600 was the "best" price they could sell it for. We said we'll think about it

Came back 2 days later and talked to another salesmen, seemed like a decent guy. We showed him our printout of $13,988 and he told us how good of a price it was. Didn't let him know we had come in prior to it and asked for a test drive, they were closing so we said we would come back. My dad called the next day during the day (1 or so) and talked to the salesmen, told him we were coming in around 5ish. Get there @ 5 and can't find him so we ask another salesmen where he is. He goes inside and comes out and said he went home sick. What a coincedence.

We leave and decide they're trying to screw us over. I guess they thought they could sell it for more $ and didn't wanna let us have it. I checked their website the next day, and they had raised the price to $14,988...

Dad told me we'd go in one last time and we talked to a salesmen we had bought a highlander from a few years ago. He seemed alright and gave us a good price and we called it a deal.

It ended up okay, but the first two salesmen we dealt with were complete asses. All in all I think that dealership is pretty corrupt. If they weren't going to sell it for the right price( the one ADVERTISED) we were gonna consider contacting the BBB.

Just a rant.

-Steve
Steve526
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:06 pm

So...what price did you get? Finish the story :D
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Steve526 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:18 pm

$13,400.

That's the only good part about the story :p

& they put on a new set of tires, probably only gonna last for like 20,000miles tho and thats if i don't change the wheels.
Steve526
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:35 pm

20K?? cheap tires?
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:55 pm

MCOjerry wrote:20K?? cheap tires?

possibly high performance tires =P cheap tires typically last longer
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:13 pm

yeah man, got to be careful around shady dealerships. good thing we don't have them here. (hoping not)
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Steve526 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:15 pm

nah man they're really low end dunlops. the ones that were on it had NO tread whatsoever
Steve526
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:56 am

Well, free is free...right?
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Clarity

Postby JMSinMaryland » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:58 am

Most OEM non-high performance tires last about 20k. They are putting some 200-250 treadwear rating tires on to maintain the bottom line as much as possible. It has nothing to do with what type of tire, it's all about the treadwear rating. For example my Yoko Avid H4's 225/40 18 have a 500AA treadwear rating and a year later they still look brand new and that's with making the 'occasional' use of my Supercharger at the line :lol:
17" Toyota Highlander Limited wheels for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/g ... ed-wheels/
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SPF 0 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:00 am

Same equipment package that was advertised online?
'05 Black Solara Convertible SLE, Gold Pinstriping, red calipers, lower grille, OBX pedals, Solara door sills, and OEM splash guards.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jon11582 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:11 am

One of our former members used to work there in service about two years ago (anyone remember DavPak with the Silver Gen1.5 S/C'ed V6?), but I've lost touch with him. I know he doesnt work there anymore.

I've visited them, but never dealt with thier used car sales staff, but I'm not cool with bait and switches. Actually it wasnt even a switch this time, it was just a higher price.

I dont know if you asked to speak to a manager. Sales guys get higher commission depending on how much profit they make on a vehicle. Managers are more concerned with perceptions and end sales. If you spoke to a manager about the advertised price and said that you would negotiate from that point down or walk, you might have gotten a better response the first few times you went there.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Steve526 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:50 pm

Jon11582 wrote:One of our former members used to work there in service about two years ago (anyone remember DavPak with the Silver Gen1.5 S/C'ed V6?), but I've lost touch with him. I know he doesnt work there anymore.

I've visited them, but never dealt with thier used car sales staff, but I'm not cool with bait and switches. Actually it wasnt even a switch this time, it was just a higher price.

I dont know if you asked to speak to a manager. Sales guys get higher commission depending on how much profit they make on a vehicle. Managers are more concerned with perceptions and end sales. If you spoke to a manager about the advertised price and said that you would negotiate from that point down or walk, you might have gotten a better response the first few times you went there.

Most likely, but after talking to the first couple of salesmen my dad was pretty pissed off, so we would leave right after that.

But yeah, free tires are free tires. :p
Steve526
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants