[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Motor Car Concepts II, Longwood FL
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Motor Car Concepts II, Longwood FL

Motor Car Concepts II, Longwood FL

Postby Gangis » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:30 pm

Hello all,

I recently bought my first Solara and found such a great deal on it that I couldn't pass up. It's such a great car and I love everything about it. However the dealer had to try and screw me out of everything they possibly could.

A lot of what they did were very minor but this one thing really pissed me off. They tried to overcharge me on the cost for registration.

(on the registration paper)
Reg tax: $43.10
Init Reg: $100
County Fee: $3.00
Mail Fee: (blank)
Sales Tax: (blank)
Title Fee: (blank)

Date issued 03/09/07
Grand total $146.10

And the salesman wrote:

$146.10
+ 43.10
------------
$189.20
- 100.00 (what I paid in the deal)
------------
$89.20

and that they're only requiring $87.85. I shouldn't have to tell you that the math just doesn't add up for me. From what I understand here I should only owe $46.10. It seems to me like he's trying to fool me into thinking $43.10 tax applies to the grand total. However, simple elementary math proves that the $43.10 is INCLUDED as part of the grand total.

I confronted the salesman about it and he got all defensive. I told him that I would only be writing a check for $46.10, since he could not prove why I'm being charged $43.10 extra and then hung up. I just completed a complaint to the BBB. I find it interesting that there were already 17 complaints against them since January of 2007.
Gangis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:06 pm

Good catch and welcome to SG!
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Postby Gangis » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:10 pm

SolaraGuy22 wrote:Good catch and welcome to SG!

Thank you! I've been lurking around for a few months while I was doing research on the Solara. :) I'm glad to be a part of this community!
Gangis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Oh, is that the place on 434 right at I4? All dealers are shady, IMO...used OR new. When you buy new, they always overcharge you because they have never sold cars before or anything and can't figure out how much it will cost to register LOL...you then have to wait for a refund in the mail, if they are honest and send it back to you. Whenever you buy a new car double check the charges when you receive your actual registration in the mail, becuase they HAVE to refund you anything you overpaid if they charged you registration fees.

Image to a fellow Central Floridian. Have you posted up an intro with info on your car?
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants