[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - UPS lost my exhaust!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

UPS lost my exhaust!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPS lost my exhaust!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby 99V6solaraSE » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:05 pm

So i recently bought the evo exhaust from SCv6. And i check the tracking and it says that one of the 2 packages is missing. WTf?!?!
It was the midpipe. How do they lose something that big .. seriously...

So on delivery day i receive just the muffler.
I mean i cant just put the muffler on. Its not the same. I could probably get a custom pipe.. but like i said.. its still not the same!!
Would anybody happen to have a greddy evo midpipe?

So now they lose the midpipe... i paid a good 150$ on shipping. What a waste of $$ and time.
So its long gone.... and i dont have the midpipe.. and he's gonna be sent the money... i dunno whats gonna happen now... :cry: :cry:
Blown @ 5.5PSI w/ xerd, 3inch jpp, tunable cpe Automatic... SOLD
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 ZOOM-ZOOM B)
99V6solaraSE
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ClassySolaraGuy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:08 pm

PM that tracking number
Project: Icis (My gurls 05' Sport 3MZ)

"Passion in a project reveals the perfection at work"
ClassySolaraGuy
1 Rockin' Solara
1 Rockin' Solara

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:08 pm

You had insurance I guess, right ??
What a mess !!
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby SC V6 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:11 pm

dude.. chill out.. I'm working through it.. please don't make this bigger than it is.. we'll find it.. i'll contact you later..

they arn't sending me a check till they "check the overpackage center" which takes a few business days... just chill for a bit, I will contact ups and figure this out.. the midpipe isn't gone.. they ship it to an overage place or something.. they will look for it there, and I'd like to think a 72in pipe stands out enough to be picked out of a warehouse.

I've got a hold of a lady in Kansas.. we're going to be fine
Last edited by SC V6 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Americanctm10 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:13 pm

Go to a UPS Office thats close to you or call them up on the phone and ask them politely... WTF!!!!???
99' SLE V6: 17' Enkei J10's, TRD RSB, Renova grill, Debadged, 35/20%Tint, CP-E Intake w Crispmongo Filter, NEW PAINT!
Americanctm10
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indiglosolara » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:23 pm

Yea,

Like SC V6 said, I wouldn't worry too much. UPS is pretty good about this kind of stuff. If they can't find it they will refund you the Insurance value of the item.

I've had stuff come in damaged before and as long as you have insurance they will go ahead and refund you. I wouldn't worry too much.

Also it does take time for UPS to respond to these types of matter due to verification processes. They can't just drop everything and hunt this one item down. I am prety sure they have more important things to do at a greater value.

UPS took about a month to refund me my money for the item that was damaged. But like he said. Give it sometime.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby Ruski » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:33 pm

Dude chill out a lil.. ScV6 is a trust able guy. if your package is not found they will refund your money. . It takes time and alot of bitching on your part. i had this happen to me with suspension.. but give it some time see were it leads to
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 99V6solaraSE » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:47 pm

Dont get me wrong.. im not mad at SCV6. He did everything he was supposed to do. Im just mad at the situation.. and UPS i guess for losing it. Sorry if u sensed a little hostility...

i was just going by what they told me. And i was told that its gone and will not be found.
Now im faced with the dilemma .. of if or when i get the money... and finding a replacement for the midpipe. Especially since greddy exhausts have been discontinued if i remember right.

not sound like a baby.. but man ive been looking foward to getting an exhaust for a while now. Since i started driving the solara. Ive saved money but everytime id get enough money to get one something came up. Usually bad things ... and id have to hold off on modding the car. Money is hard to come for me .. being a student and all on top of other things goin on in life.. so yea.. just disappointed i guess. sorry for making such a big deal. Though id just rant a little.

so i guess i gotta sit here and be patient. Wonder if they compensate for being such a waste of time and inconvenience, as well as the value of it.
99V6solaraSE
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SC V6 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:02 pm

I have a lady that is going to take some of the pictures I send her and move it up the chain so it will be found. It might take a few business days, but I think they will be able to find it since I am sending pictures and a description.

SC V6

Postby krawzyazn » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:08 pm

chill man you will also get a refund on the shipping on that item if it is lost or damaged
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby SC V6 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:11 pm

It will be figured out... I send some good pictures..

SC V6

Postby 99V6solaraSE » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:12 pm

thanks man.. i appreciate ya working with me on this and not leaving me hanging... that alone tells me a lot about the kind of person you are.

hopefully all will be right....

and thanks everyone for your response...
99V6solaraSE
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Dawgz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:14 pm

hope they find it!
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz

Postby SC V6 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:19 pm

the guy at the local UPS store has my number and will be calling me when he gets a call from corporate...

SC V6

Postby ClassySolaraGuy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:35 pm

99V6solaraSE,

I'll look into this at work tomorrow. I'm a supervisor at UPS Air Gateway which deals with air only pkgs but I'll see what can be done about finding your ground pkg. Its possible that the contents fell out of the box during transit somehow & they just sent the pipe to overgoods. Sry for the headache. If your pkg is not found, they will refund shipping & cost of item!
Project: Icis (My gurls 05' Sport 3MZ)

"Passion in a project reveals the perfection at work"
ClassySolaraGuy
1 Rockin' Solara
1 Rockin' Solara

Next

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants