[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Puente Hills Stealership Sux.
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Puente Hills Stealership Sux.

Puente Hills Stealership Sux.

Postby bjkim88 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:32 pm

Ok, so I took in my Toyota a THIRD time for the lag problem, to the Puente Hills Toyota dealership about the accelerator lag, TC006-05, along with me just needing my regular service checkup.

I also took a printout of TC006-05, but ****ing morons, again, said that my problem is nonexistent, even with a solid printout in their faces. The ***hole just said that "Alldata is not Toyota, they don't know Toyota problems" and that "its not covered under your 3 year 30k mile warranty anymore" even though its covered for 80k miles or 8 years. He also said that "it has nothing to do with your ecu, its a problem with your transmission, but, apparently your transmission is working perfectly fine" even after I told him about my gear hunting and accelerator lag symptoms. He even had the nerve to tell me "ok, so, thats what alldata had written down, why don't you tell me the truth now, and tell me whats really wrong, in your own words?"

So, they refused to do the ECU reflash, and, apart from just refusing, were amazingly rude about the whole entire experience. I'm just sick and tired of being belittled and treated like my problems are inconsequential.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows a PROPER dealership near either Irvine or Rowland Heights, Southern California, who will actually do my ECU reflash, and treat me with a proper amount of humility and respect? Thanks, everyone.

Sorry about the rant, but seriously, don't ever go to Puente Hills Toyota Stealersh*t. They drive me insane every time I go, and I'm not going back there from now on, myself. I thought I would be polite about it to the people there, but, enough is enough.
bjkim88
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby CosmicGrooves » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:52 pm

It was a pain to do the Shift-lag flash on my car too.

Now that it's done, I really dont' think it did anything but make the gear changes more pronounced. I'm not really sure, though. It might be slightly more responsive from a stop... not sure.

I would like to try it again without the shift lag flash, but dont' want to have them flash it a thrid time if I wanted it back again. :P
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:57 pm

DUDE...

I knew the general manager AND the cashier department's supervisor... The office manager at my old gig knew EVERYBODY and their DOG at Pissant Hills... But at my 90K routine service, they gave me all sorts of bullsh!t recommendations that totaled $1,500 (dropped down to $1,100 since again, I knew people)...

The only reason I went there was 1. I want genuine Toyota stuff if things need replacement, 2. Even if I knew nobody, service was already mighty cheap and 3. They were a matter of blocks from me; I even walked there on one occasion.

Other than that, the service department was just plain idiots, I test-drove a Gen2 Solara convertible while I was getting an oil change and refused to leave me alone about buying a new car, and even my stepmom advised against going to that dump (but it was for crappy salesmen)... The preceding was a contributing rant; hope you don't mind.

Hope my rant dissuades you further from that dump... Personally I like Longo Toyota for parts, and the Lexus' waiting area has free drinks/snacks :lol: , but I haven't brought my car there for service before... I don't know if someone named Jeff (SG veterans might remember him as Jackass-Jeff) still works there, but try to go through him.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Turbosolara » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:48 pm

if one dealer dont do it, just took it to other dealership. but that dealer did it for my exgirlfriend's solara. and they laugh at me i must have too much time on my hand to find the code. u can call toyota to complain them if u want
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby Somedude » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:57 pm

Man rude toyota dealerships are everywhere, how do they expect more business when they do that to everybody?

The Honda dealerships that I went to all of them don't even act like jerks.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity,
but if you want to test a man's character,
give him power". -Abraham Lincoln
Somedude
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby bjkim88 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:43 am

lol, i guess im not alone. :)

thanks, ill try out Longo Toyota dealership after I get my car back this afternoon. How long does this thing take? cuz, i dont have time after today, but, if its like 2 hours, ill just stay there until they get it done.
bjkim88
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby supamouse09 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:37 pm

yupp i would try longo or garden grove. the guys are garden grove are never rude and really cool guys acutally.
01 Toyota Solara SLE V6 Manual Swap
supamouse09
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sgunitkc » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:56 pm

call longo and make an appointment before you go in

it'll save you significant amount of time
sgunitkc
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby aleki2424 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:55 pm

it sucks whenever you have a great car manufacturer and then there are these lousy bunch of idiots who spoil it all. sorry to hear about the lousy service, but there has to be a dealer somewhere who can cover it.
if you do get in touch with Toyota, mention that dealership .
aleki2424
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indiglosolara » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:12 am

Call Longo Toyota and speak to Michelle Pollerana.. Tell her Kenny sent you. She knows who I am..

Tell her the problem and tell her Kenny recommended you and have Mechanic Mariano look at it.

Michelle and Mariano are the ONLY 2 people allowed to touch my car at Longo. They do all my service. Infact my xB is there now for some warranty work for my clutch..

626-580-6100 is longo service #
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby i20solara02i » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:36 am

i would take it to longo. they have better customer service there. even tho i don't take my car there any more since my little brother doesn't work there anymore.
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby HKSV6SLE » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:29 pm

ill just say this, i hear a lot of bad things about longo, not just toyota, but lexus too. dont feel bad about the dealership not wanting to touch your tranny. Im going to go out on a limb and guess that you have a camry,avalon,rav4,es350,rx330,rx350, gen 2 solara, and thusly you have a tranny that shifts like an first timer leaner driving stick, right? If so, dont feel too bad i have an rx330 and have brought my piece of junk back for that problem 3 times already and each time i had to almost force them to do it.
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby i20solara02i » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:08 am

^ well he is on a camry/solara forum
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants