[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help!!!! f*cking dealerships!!!!!!
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Help!!!! f*cking dealerships!!!!!!

Help!!!! f*cking dealerships!!!!!!

Postby aleki2424 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:41 pm

Man, if only i had known something was gonna get this ugly.
First, this was not a toyota dealership but i believe its something related.
I was going to help my sister get a car (not a present) more like help her get one because of an inadequate credit history,
got there , discussed a deal on a base sentra model, and talked price till we got to the financing etc etc,
now the finance section is a separate unit and they promised the 'best 'rate possible, and bla bla bla.... they tell me they cannot get me a rate quote until I 'initial' a certain rate plan , something i was dumb enough to do.
A while later, the guy comes in and starts going over some extended warranty stuff and 'additions' as i assume they normally do , and naturally I say no to all that. And when I asked what the financing rate is,, they tell me that the interest rate comes up to 15% at an end value of 18000, on a sentra of cash value $ 11000.
ok i might not be good at alot of things , but i refuse to believe that it would cost that, since i have financed several other cars and never have i even come close to that.
so am asking , all those with experience, are there any grounds to back out of the whole issue even if the guy told me i already owned the car since i had already signed the documentation stating the intended payment plan?
Don't get me wrong, the actual value of the car dosen't bother me, its the amount that they are charging for financing that dosen't add up. definitely not even close to 15%.

anyone with experience or meaningful advise can chip in please
aleki2424
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gangis » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:43 pm

Get financing somewhere else, like through a credit union (they provide the lowest rates, generally). Just because you bought a car from a dealership doesn't mean you have to finance through them.
2002 Solara SLE V6 convertible - GONE as of 3/2010
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback
Gangis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:47 pm

Gangis wrote:Get financing somewhere else, like through a credit union (they provide the lowest rates, generally). Just because you bought a car from a dealership doesn't mean you have to finance through them.

+1.
if you'd like I can ask my buddies where I work at (nissan ironically) and see what's up. let me know if you want me to help you get more info.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby aleki2424 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:52 pm

Thanks jeff, i'd appreciate that
its just that i thought they'd at least be open about the matter, but turns out the 'hit and run' idea is what they go by. basically i couldnt even get to talk to the manager , nor the guy who sold me the thing, since they'd already conveniently left.
now till tuesday.
thanks gangis, will try the c.u. thing
aleki2424
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:05 pm

If you just initialed something, you did not sign a purchase contract. If you bought before, you know that you have to sign a lot of papers, including a purchase agreement to buy. I think they are just trying to scare you into buying the car.

I'd never pay $7K more than a car was worth... they are ripping you off.

Unless you have not told the whole story, you have not purchased a car.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Gangis » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:15 pm

I've learned not to trust car dealerships at all, not one bit. I'm sure there are good ones out there, but I always take everything they say/do with a rather large grain of salt.
2002 Solara SLE V6 convertible - GONE as of 3/2010
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback
Gangis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Suggestion

Postby JMSinMaryland » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:29 pm

Unless you've driven off with the car it's not yours. Period.
17" Toyota Highlander Limited wheels for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/g ... ed-wheels/
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:10 pm

First of all, don't get a friggin' Sentra. They're badly built cars that leaves you disappointed and stranded... But the good news is on the 14th repair I got my true love, the Solara I'm driving right now... Get a Corolla or even a Civic; one doesn't seem like much and the other is usually riced out 5 seconds out the door (at least in SoCal), but they're MUCH more reliable.

Second, factory financing is just about the worst... They need someone with exemplary credit to qualify for their rates, to which they ALWAYS have some excuse up their sleeve as to why you can't qualify for 0% APR and you gotta have their 99 MILLION % APR for 72 months, which by the time you're done you could almost buy yourself another new car with the interest. So it should be in your best interest (no pun intended) to check out credit unions.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby aleki2424 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:30 pm

thanks .she adamantly picked the car, so nothing doing,.i might just trade it in with something else, when i get this mess sorted out.
aleki2424
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:32 pm

^but you have not really bought the car. Sounds like you are really getting scammed.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants