[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - A/C EVAPORATOR CLEANER
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

A/C EVAPORATOR CLEANER

A/C EVAPORATOR CLEANER

Postby ItalianRN » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:55 pm

I have a 2007 Solara. It's still under warrenty. I also have the maintenance plan for 5 years.

I went for a routine maintenance visit today. I have 6,300 miles on my car. I was very surprised when the service rep told me that there was a green substance on the hose that drains my a/c. He said that the green stuff is mold. He told me that it was common in Florida due to the humidity. I told him that my Mother had an Oldmobile for 12 years, in Florida, & never had that problem. My a/c works great & there are no odors.

I told him that I'd have to think about it & I'd let him know when I go back for my next visit in 3 months. He gave me a brochure, "Service Rite Professional Series" on A/C Evaporator Cleaner & Odor Treatment Kit. There were also a few posters by the same company for this service & several others.

I was extremely skeptical so I decided to post here to see if you thought this guy was pulling my leg. I'm sure many of you have seen the posters in your Toyota dealerships also.

Thank you.

Annette
ItalianRN
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ItalianRN » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:02 pm

Forgot to tell you that it's not covered under the warranty & would cost $90.

Annette
ItalianRN
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants