[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - United = FAIL
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

United = FAIL

United = FAIL

Postby no_escape » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:38 am

I know it's not car related but it's a Service rant.

United airlines will never have my or my gf's business again.

Gf was going back to Hong Kong on sunday. Had to book two different companies to save money. United from Cedar Rapids to Chicago and Korean Air from Chicago to Seoul to Hong Kong. The United flight was delayed 3 times during sunday due to schedualed repairs. She missed her flight with Korean Air in Chicago. I picked her up from the Cedar Rapids airport and called Korean Air. The next flight they could get her on is wednesday. Ok, no big deal. I call United to change the flight to wednesday for chicago. $150 service charge... Since the flight was NEVER cancelled only delayed, they charge $150 to switch the flight day since she could have taken a different flight that day to chicago.

YEA RIGHT! Like I'm gonna let my gf stay in chicago for 4 days till her next flight. So I paid the $150 in protest.

On top of that, her baggage was missing. I called in a claim and they told me the bag was on it's way to Chicago on sunday at 4:00pm, 10min before I called. They said they would ship it back and call when they have it at the Cedar Rapids airport. Ok, no big deal right? I wait and wait... Here comes monday and no call. I call and they tell me it's on its way to Chicago at 11:30am... BULLSH*T. I check the flights leaving CR airport and the flight number isn't leaving, infact it's the same flight that was down for repairs! THE DAMN JET NEVER LEFT!!!!

United NEVER cancelled the flight so they didn't have to give back money to their customers and could charge the people who had to reschedual for another day... All they did was call it delayed.

On top of that, sunday they treated my gf like crap. Telling her, "What do you want me to do about it?" When she said, "I missed my Korean flight in chicago." She sat and the airport for 6 hours and they didn't offer her any food or drink for not having a backup jet(or a different flight) when they knew they had schedualed repairs.

Yes, I'de rather have the jet fixed and not see her crash but not having some sort of backup plan is BS.

Needless to say, I went back to the CR airport to get the bag.

I want to wipe my ass with $150, one dollar bills and mail it to them. I REALLY do right now... I need a bottle of bacardi...
SC 4psi - 305cc - Jims Fuel Upgrade - AFC NEO - 190 Walbro - Tokico/Eibach - Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - K&N Filter - Greddy Evo II catback
no_escape
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:57 am

Relax dude....always book flights together when going intl'. If something bad happens they do hook u up...I stayed at forte crest in London when my flight was delayed...trust me, me and my buddy enjoyed it!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Re: United = FAIL

Postby LEE337 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:48 pm

no_escape wrote:I want to wipe my ass with $150, one dollar bills and mail it to them. I REALLY do right now... I need a bottle of bacardi...

LOL!!! That would be effin halairious! I can imagine them opening it and freakin the f*ck out. :crazyeyes:
MMMmmm, Bacardi sounds good! :drinking:
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby panic » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:05 pm

This is their way of demanding a bailout - the worse they do, the more money Congress gives them.

Get used to it.
panic
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MCOjerry » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:33 pm

Jai_Jai_Binks wrote:Relax dude....always book flights together when going intl'. If something bad happens they do hook u up...I stayed at forte crest in London when my flight was delayed...trust me, me and my buddy enjoyed it!

You lucked out because you were already overseas...if your delay happened in the US, you would not have been so lucky. The rules are different here, and you get more help and courtesy when abroad.

On two separate occasions, I missed my connecting flight @JFL (note to anyone, if you can avoid JFK when going overseas, do it!). On both occasions the issues were due to the airlines and each time I was screwed. the first time I had to wait until the next day to get to Scotland, lost a day of my trip. In the second occasion, I was having trouble with the agent and would have had to go the next day; but as soon as I mentioned I had business class tickets, totally different story. They put me on an Air France flight (partner airline) to Venice immediately.

If you pay coach, you are treated like cattle; that's just how they think of you.

When overseas, you get so much better service, even from US airlines. At least in the EU.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Black Bob » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:41 am

I consider airline companies as a cross between the Big 3 and a pompous NFL team owner. They don't listen to their customers, they continue to operate business as usual even though they're failing miserably, their own employees don't even like them and they have ridiculously high demands for any city in which they have a hub. Unfortunately, knowing that you don't have access to a private jet they got you by the balls. Because the frikken airlines got rid of my little bottles of 151 and ass raped me on a can of Pepsi I now find myself getting my drink on in the concourse bar before each flight.........along with the other pilots. I do agree that in the EU the airline service is better.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby no_escape » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:35 am

Jai_Jai_Binks wrote:Relax dude.... I stayed at forte crest in London when my flight was delayed...trust me, me and my buddy enjoyed it!

True, she is happy that she can spend more time with me and so am I. I'm just more upset with the service that United provided her.

MCOjerry wrote:The rules are different here, and you get more help and courtesy when abroad.

When overseas, you get so much better service, even from US airlines. At least in the EU.

From what my gf has said, this is true in HK. She's seen people get fired on the spot for not being curdious to customers.
SC 4psi - 305cc - Jims Fuel Upgrade - AFC NEO - 190 Walbro - Tokico/Eibach - Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - K&N Filter - Greddy Evo II catback
no_escape
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:18 pm

MCOjerry wrote:You lucked out because you were already overseas...if your delay happened in the US, you would not have been so lucky. The rules are different here, and you get more help and courtesy when abroad.

I've been stuck before at JFK myself...me and wifee spend the night there...cust they kept telling us flight will be here in 2 hours, 2 hours, 2 hours...I'm not saying it doesn't happen. But you can't blame the ground staff for uncertainily...they are only doing the best they are allowed to do. Hero's who go over and beyond are punished at times in our world for going over and beyond. I see it like life giving me lemons...just move on and hope you like lemonade!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby gnegroni » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:13 pm

Jai_Jai_Binks wrote:Hero's who go over and beyond are punished at times in our world for going over and beyond. I see it like life giving me lemons...just move on and hope you like lemonade!

Yeah, that or SUCK IT UP, Beo@*&$Y*@ch, both of which are becoming heavy trends.
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants