[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - NonStopTuning SUCKS!!!!!!!
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

NonStopTuning SUCKS!!!!!!!

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:38 pm

NonStopTuning wrote:WOW!!! This thread is unbelievable!!!

For the record, I never saw this thread until just tonight!!!

For anyone who may be interested in the full story...

TRDSleeper ordered items that, unfortunately, were out of stock and on back-order. Unfortunately we had to wait a few weeks before we could ship his order out, and I hated the wait much more than any of you could imagine.

The full order was shipped out and I received a phone call from TRDSleeper stating that his packaged seemed to have been damaged by the USPS during delivery. He showed me the pics that he has posted here and we immediately sent him a replacement cap, AT OUR EXPENSE, no questions asked. At no point during our conversation did he say that he was angry, nor did he exhibit any of the bashing nature that he has shown here in this thread. I find all the bashing here very unprofessional and unnecessary...

I also find it sad that the full story was never told. I can understand the anger in having to wait for a back-order item to ship out, and I can also understand being upset at the USPS for damaging the package, but I can not appreciate the telling of only half the story and not bringing the story to a complete conclusion.

And yes, we ship M&Ms to all our customers.

Many thanks to those of you who posted the kind words on our behalf, I certainly do appreciate them!

MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com

^^ Makes sense to me, as well as it has to others here as you noticed. USPS & UPS are notorious for losing/damaging shipments. Makes me want to use FedEx that much more (but alas, they aren't infallible either).

But the one question does remain that he addresses is the length of time it took to respond or even notify the customer that his order was going to be backordered/delayed. This is one area where communication is key between the you and your customer. Better yet if they know BEFORE paying you for the order that they're going to have to wait a month before getting their product. :-?

And yes, I think that TRDSleeper has learned from this as well. Perhaps Peanut M&Ms next time? ;)
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby LEE337 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:40 pm

You might wanna rename this thread USPS SUCKS!!!!!!
I know how those shipping guys are, I use to be one. Even worse I worked for ABX AIR contracted through DHL. You wouldnt believe half of the sh!t I saw. The employees there had no care what-so-ever for the freight that came through that hub. For those that never recieved their package, whatever carrier it was, 99% of it was stolen by a worker.
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TRDSleeper » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:52 pm

NonStopTuning wrote:WOW!!! This thread is unbelievable!!!

TRDSleeper ordered items that, unfortunately, were out of stock and on back-order. Unfortunately we had to wait a few weeks before we could ship his order out, and I hated the wait much more than any of you could imagine.

The full order was shipped out and I received a phone call from TRDSleeper stating that his packaged seemed to have been damaged by the USPS during delivery. He showed me the pics that he has posted here and we immediately sent him a replacement cap, AT OUR EXPENSE, no questions asked. At no point during our conversation did he say that he was angry, nor did he exhibit any of the bashing nature that he has shown here in this thread. I find all the bashing here very unprofessional and unnecessary...

I also find it sad that the full story was never told. I can understand the anger in having to wait for a back-order item to ship out, and I can also understand being upset at the USPS for damaging the package, but I can not appreciate the telling of only half the story and not bringing the story to a complete conclusion.

MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com

^ If you hated waiting for the out-of-stock products to come in, why didn't you simply refund my money until they were in stock? I SPECIFICALLY sent you an email asking for a refund but I NEVER got a reply (I have it saved in my outbox if you need proof). In fact, the average time it takes for you to respond to my emails is 3-4 days. That is, if you choose to reply at all. The slow response just adds to the problem. It makes it seems as though you are not concern with your customers. Also, update your website if things are not in stock. That's a much better solution than having the customer pay, wait a month for something to arrive, and encounter all these problems.

I'm sorry if you find my bashing unprofessional but I feel that I posted the thread in the appropriate section of the forum and I indeed faced numerous problems with the transaction. On the phone I was giving you a chance to explain the situation so I didn't want to create a big ruckus. I express myself better in writing because I can think about the issue at hand.

I agree that I didn't notify everyone on the conclusion of the story. That's my fault and I should have done that. I also agree that USPS could have easily damaged the box and things do get damaged during shipping quite often but selecting the right packaging and taping it securely is important. For the replacement cap you sent to me you continue to use the same soft USPS box and still did not tape the edges of the box. The box could have ended up damaged just like the first time and we'll be having the same problem again. It luckily made it to my home in one piece.

Also, sending a new product to replace the damaged one at your expense is not a special thing. It is standard practice that many customers expect nowadays. I'm not going to sit here and continue to bash at your company since the problem was eventually resolved but I do hope you will adjust your business practices so future customers will not be unhappy as I was. I will also try to be better at contacting sellers more direct before posting an angry thread. Thank you.
TRDSleeper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby aleki2424 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:25 pm

Actually, you'd be kinda suprised, the number of companies that still suck at shipping and return policies. Amazon made me eat the cost of a high dollar lens, that I shipped back and had PROOF of reception. Not only was it a totally deceptive listing, getting responses was a headache.
Needless to say, I was dissappointed that it took them a month and a half to tell me why I wasn't going to get my refund.

On the other hand, timely communication indeed matters, regardless of the situation. Glad that the issue was resolved
aleki2424
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants