[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Service dispute with NJ dealership
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Service dispute with NJ dealership

Service dispute with NJ dealership

Postby HydroponiK » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Per my previous thread (http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=47988) I've been having issues with a brake job performed at a NJ dealership. Back in Dec of last year, I took it in to inspect why my new brake job was squealing badly. After they said nothing was wrong, the brakes stopped working properly (pcitures in my other thread).

I went for another visit in Jan, where they said this was normal. I didn't believe them so took it for a 2nd opinion at a trusted mechanic and he said to bring back to the dealership.

On my final visit in Mar, they finally admitted something was wrong after I mentioned what the other mechanic stated. They offered to fix if I paid for the labor and parts, even though the original job was still under warranty. They finally agreed to remove the labor component of the bill, however I was so fed up at this point, I paid just so I could get it fixed and get out of there.

It now turns out some of the parts that charged me for were on the original invoice and since the dealership was responsible for causing the brakes to stop working properly, I am now trying to recoup the money I paid. I've sent emails and left messages to the service manager with no reply.

What would you guys do in this situation? I'm at the point where I am about to just dispute the charge on my credit card and file a complaint with the BBB.
HydroponiK
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TheMack » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:35 pm

I'd go there and if i didnt get my way its the BBB all the way
2000 solara limo tint all around, Xplod sound system,\18" black/ red lip Giovanni rims, Fireball Exhaust, OBX SRI
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Just dispute it.

I had an issue with my Toyota dealer, the Gen 2's have a frame-less door (by windows) and mine had a leak in the trim about my window at the corner, you could hear air leaking in even with the stereo on, they tried to say they cant fix it, its not their fault (even though it was under warranty), etc, every excuse in the book.

Now, to our benefit, we bought the car using an American Express credit card (to keep our platinum status), and disputed 2,000 dollars off the car. This got them to fix it real quick, but they never asked for the money back... so in the end, it saved us 2k
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheMack » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:05 pm

not to be off topic but i saw ur listed mods^ just wonderin..are neon lights legal?
2000 solara limo tint all around, Xplod sound system,\18" black/ red lip Giovanni rims, Fireball Exhaust, OBX SRI
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:34 pm

TheMack wrote:not to be off topic but i saw ur listed mods^ just wonderin..are neon lights legal?

They are legal under specific guidelines. you can not see a physical non white or amber light from the front or rear (its ok to see a glow of light, but not the light source).

so anything goes on the sides, and technically only white or amber is ok in the front and back.

But my neons are all inside, none outside.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheMack » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:36 pm

ok cool, so those underbody neons would be legal?
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:12 pm

TheMack wrote:ok cool, so those underbody neons would be legal?

The laws for it are VERY contradicting, but a general consensus is that if the light source is not showing, your ok.

If/when you get pulled over for any reason, just dont give the cop any attitude, or he will use anything he can against you (such as the neons if they arent white or amber)
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheMack » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:16 pm

thanks man i appreciate it
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby HydroponiK » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:27 pm

I guess I will try to call again and give them another chance to rectify the situation. I will let them know if they do not contact me, I will just dispute the charge on the CC and contact the BBB...
HydroponiK
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Maniax » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Neons just depend on your state.Ask a local cop about it.
Maniax
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants