[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Audio Fading in and out - 2004 convertible
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Audio Fading in and out - 2004 convertible

Re: Audio Fading in and out - 2004 convertible

Postby rproff » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm having an audio problem in my 2007 Solara, and I'm wondering if it might be the same as the one described here. While driving, with the top either up or down, the audio will cut off completely for 1-2 seconds, then come back. The audio is not just getting softer, it's completely gone. It seems to happen randomly, but I have noticed that raising or lowering the top will cause the audio to cut off, and then it happens much more frequently for a period of time. Could a bad courtesy switch be causing this?

Thanks,
$$
rproff
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Yes. It sounds like the same symptoms described earlier in this thread.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby rproff » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:41 pm

The audio cut-off problem was so bad I decided to go ahead and try removing the switch a week ago. It's been 7 days now without a single cut-off, so the switch seems to have been the problem. I elected to remove it, not replace. Frankly I didn't see any difference in the audio when I manually depressed it. The hardest part was removing the lower seat cushion. I was pulling up on it like a Russian weight-lifter, but it would not snap loose. A long handled screwdriver and a prayer finally did the trick. But be careful, the metal connector on the seat cushion snaps into a recepticle with a pastic insert in it, and I think I partially damaged the plastic piece with the screwdriver. Thanks so much for the info on this problem.

$$
rproff
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby bbolander » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:45 pm

I picked up the courtesy lamp switch from the dealer and had my upholstery guy replace the old with the new one a week ago in my 2006 Solara SLE convertible with the JBL system. The radio had been cutting out for years, and after the replacement works perfectly. The upholstery shop had another Solara convertible customer that had the radio cutting out problem, she had replaced speakers and that didn't help. They put in a new switch for her also and haven't heard back from her, must be working for her too.

Thanks for the info, fixed the problem for $25!
bbolander
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5