[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Playing Burned CDs in Solara (2 questions)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Playing Burned CDs in Solara (2 questions)

Postby Hcomplyr » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:09 am

see heres your problem musicmatch, realplayer, and iTunes all give you 128kbps rips on average. Most of the time when I do a rip on a CD in 320kbps VBR with descrete stereo channels (not joint stereo) it get excellent quality.

I've also noticed some ripping programs are inherently flawed. If you want to really take advantage of MP3 recordings rip everything to WAV files, find a program that will normalize them to 98% volume, then use LAME to encode them into MP3 format. It might take longer but the sound quality will be very, very good.

And whenever possible I rip the tracks myself since I wouldn't trust Windows media player, or any other commerically availble software to something as important as sound quality. The difference is noticeable.
Hcomplyr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5