[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - A Few After-market Audio Concerns...
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

A Few After-market Audio Concerns...

A Few After-market Audio Concerns...

Postby dvdchris45 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:28 pm

So I'm finally getting myself a system and I have a few concerns before I make the purhcase.

1. Whats the maximum rear speaker depth allowed so that it wont touch the metal brace underneath?

2. Would wiring the subs (with a kill switch) to the car battery be the best? My main concern is I dont want to drain power from the alternator.

One more thing: Does any of the subs/speakers void the warranty?
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ndoyank » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:19 pm

Be very sure which speakers you buy. The rear and front speakers are both 6x9. I bought the infinity kappas only to find that they wouldn't fit in the bracket. So I had to settle with alpine type S in the rear and kenwoods in the front.

I also have a Alpine Type R sub hooked up but haven't any problems with it draining my battery.

Hope this info helps.. good luck.
18' volks, TRD RSB, TRD FSTB, TRD springs, HID retrofit. Micheal T's Grille ..... Silver ICE
ndoyank
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby dvdchris45 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:05 am

I'm just hesitant about it all because it might void warranty
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Solara08861 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:05 am

I have Infinity Kappas 6x9 on the rear
and Polk Audio 6x9 on the doors

The shop fitted them with no problems
Solara08861
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ndoyank » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:17 am

Guess the shop I went to were a bunch of lazy bastards....

I've never heard anything about stereo products voidng a car waranty. IF anything it would probably void the warrantay regarding the whole sound system.
18' volks, TRD RSB, TRD FSTB, TRD springs, HID retrofit. Micheal T's Grille ..... Silver ICE
ndoyank
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby dvdchris45 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:24 pm

For those of you guys with the SUBS:

1. Do you control the Bass levels from your stock head unit?
2. Do you have a killswitch?
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby cklinh » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:11 am

With my RF Punch Amp (yah, not the best, but whatever)... there's a remote bass boost... I just made sure to set the gain on the amp lower than what I usually use and use the remote to up raise or lower it... I've set the bass control on the headunit at its minimum (it's what I've been told to do)... no kill switch... just lower the volume I guess...
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby dvdchris45 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:48 pm

Im thinking about wiring the system to my igntiion wire so that it all completely turns off when I shut off the car. Im just worried it'll ruin my ignition system period. Maybe I'm just paranoid! :roll:
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Parke10 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:11 am

do u mean the amp turning off when u turn the key off, it does that anyways if done right.
Parke10
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:35 am

dvdchris45 wrote:For those of you guys with the SUBS:

1. Do you control the Bass levels from your stock head unit?
2. Do you have a killswitch?

1. My bass level is thru my STOCK head unit
2. U shouldnt put a killswitch, I wanted to, wortonsolara told me not, cause its really a bad idea, u mite leave it on and kill ur battery, it should be connected to the headunit so when the Head unit is on, the amp comes on also. :D
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:36 am

wiring it to the ignition will give u turn-on pop. if it is wired properly, the system shouldnt die unless u are running way too much power. not to flame but if youre that paranoid about it maybe a system isnt the way to go.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:42 am

just cause someone is paranoid about a system, doesnt mean they shouldnt get it, he's just mad carefull with his car...its iite, U should just get the car to a good Audio Car shop. I took my sub, amp, and 2 rear speakers and they did it all for like 170...not bad.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz

Postby Parke10 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:08 pm

170 Damn u serious , i can charge that much?! i only charge $50 fer 4 speaker changes, 2 subs, amp ,and cap install
Parke10
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dvdchris45 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:18 pm

The only reason I want to put a killswitch on the subs is because I might not want to have the subs on all the time espcially if I got a girl or family. So scrapping the whole killswitch idea seems in order.

Hey Dawgz, what kind of subs u got and what level do you put your BASS on to make it sound its lightest? For me I'm looking at the newly re-fabricated Sony Xpoids with a Diesal audio amp

I got my work cut out for me Getting me a Sony mp3/cd changer with a wireless remote. If I do it, I'm doing it all the way; thats how we does the thang! :drinking:
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jesse789 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:56 am

new to me: i was changing out my box in my trunk to a smaller one... that ended up producing nearly no sound, so i swapped back. and it turns out those bars under the rear speakers move... maybe i'm just a re-re and only one that doesnt know that... but my 100watt infiniti are mounted back there with about 3/4" between mag and the bars when lid is fully open. and then when i close it the bars bend/flex around my box and amp and give a couple inches space to the 6x9s.... so if u ask me u can but nearly anything back there. well atleast anything with a reasonable size... a 5"mag on a 6x9 is a lil too much if u ask me.
silver 2004 Solara SE V6 Sport
custom 2 tone leather seats
max legal tint driver/pass windows, 10% more everywhere else
infiniti 6x9s and pair of alpine 12s on a mtx amp
metal floor mats
billet undergrille
jesse789
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5