[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - All gen 2's with navi systems
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

All gen 2's with navi systems

Postby L.A.solaraman » Mon May 09, 2005 10:24 pm

The TV antenna is mounted in the rear window... below is a link to one for an example.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eGJ0nwuchc ... =020ZCB301

The unit I bought comes with a TV antenna, which will be mounted inside the rear window. It is pretty small, and they place one side of the antenna along the side of the window and the other side along the top of the window. They showed me how they were going to install it and it didn't block my view at all.

They even have satelite TV (DirecTV) available for cars, but its over $2200, which is a bit expensive for me! But here is the link anyway...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eGJ0nwuchc ... &I=700TVA5

Happy watching!!! I'll update later... if anyone has any questions about how I am getting this done, just ask... here is the link again for the 2005 Toyota ViewTech Controller...

http://coastaletech.com/viewtech_2005.htm
2004 OP/sle
L.A.solaraman
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cklinh » Fri May 20, 2005 10:25 am

Hey,

Can you let me know if this unit will fit in the glove compartment? It's vertically mountable, so I'm thinking it will be fine in there? Unless anyone knows otherwise (ie if it can operate horizontally and vertically, does that mean it can operate at any angle in between?)

Then, it's just the size... otherwise, I guess underneath the passenger seat is a good compromise...

Actually, now that I think about it a little more, the center console might be a better place for this (I don't have much in there), and it's more easily accessible...

L.A.solaraman wrote:Thanks...
well, here is the update...

I just purchased a DVD player with a built in TV tuner. Its the Blaupunkt DVD ME3. I got if for a good price from FRY's Electronics for just over $200 (it was $179 plus taxes and an extended warranty). I tested it out on my home TV and the DVD and TV tuner work great. Now I just have to wait for the Viewtech Controller to arrive so I can have it all installed. The Blaupunkt unit is larger than some available, but it will fit under the passenger seat without obstruction or being damaged by the movement of the seat.

So... I will update with further info once the install is done... it should be a few weeks!
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby L.A.solaraman » Mon May 23, 2005 10:21 pm

The unit I purchased (the Blaupunkt DVD ME3) does NOT fit inside the center console... I tried. I have not yet checked to see if it fits inside the glove compartment... but I was told by Al & Ed's that that is not a good place to put it because it could get too hot inside a confined area. I told them that it will be really confined under the seat, but they said that it will be able to keep cool because the air inside the vehicle will keep it cool.

It can be mounted at any angle between horizontal and verticle.
2004 OP/sle
L.A.solaraman
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5