[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Flush mouting sub and amp
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Flush mouting sub and amp

Flush mouting sub and amp

Postby nohryi » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:11 pm

Hi. I recently swapped all speakers and run it thru an amp.
I really want some bass now, and at local Cartoys store offered to flush mount the sub and the amp on the right side of the trunk where the jacks and stuff are located for $500 for installation and parts of installation, + the price for what ever for the amp and the subs it self.
Do you think $500 is a good deal for custom flush mount of the two?
or does anyone have that kind of thing done?

I don't really want a big box sitting in the trunk, and I care about how clean it looks if it has some decent sound.

Any picture if someone has it would be great.
thanks. 8)
Eclipse 4ch Amp powering Infinity Reference Component Fronts, Eclipse 6x9 Rears,
TSW 18"+low profile tires
nohryi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ZXLNT » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:49 am

I've got my amplifiers mounted in the wheel wells like your talking about.

However mine is a 99, YMMV

ZXLNT
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

how much was the work for amp part?

Postby nohryi » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:20 am

I really like how the amps went in.
I don't think I'll get the sub's in the box, but for reference how much did the work cost for the 2 amp install part?
thanks.
Eclipse 4ch Amp powering Infinity Reference Component Fronts, Eclipse 6x9 Rears,
nohryi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ZXLNT » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:33 am

I didn't fee like messing with any of the stuff soo. I had the Head Unit installed. 1 amp under front seat. Front door speakers. Both PPI's in the trunk, RCA cables ran, power fire, fuse holder and distribution blocks installed and "custom" work down in the trunk for 500. If they only want to flush mount the amps for 5 bills, That's WAY WAY too much....
ZXLNT
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby nohryi » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:26 pm

cool thanks.
I guess I'll goto several different shops and see what they will tell me.
nohryi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

buying parts

Postby nohryi » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:56 pm

OK, it'll raise the installation little bit, but I"m gonna buy the parts my self and have the shop just install it.
Other then amp and sub it self, what else do I need to install a sub?
eg. audio cable, power cable, low pass band width blah blah something filter, things like that.
I have very little knowlege about cars and can't figure out what to get. Thanks for the help.
nohryi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: buying parts

Postby cam2Xrunner » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:14 am

nohryi wrote:OK, it'll raise the installation little bit, but I"m gonna buy the parts my self and have the shop just install it.
Other then amp and sub it self, what else do I need to install a sub?
eg. audio cable, power cable, low pass band width blah blah something filter, things like that.
I have very little knowlege about cars and can't figure out what to get. Thanks for the help.

What's your budget for a good sub and an amp? Are you looking for really loud bass or are you looking for good sound quality, yet for it to still hit hard?
cam2Xrunner
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby nohryi » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:35 pm

well for all installed, I was thinking 800-900
I want something with good sound quality since I listen to pop, occasionally hiphop.
I was thinking two 10", or one 12", I"m not sure.

I might just get some rims and lower before tho.
All depends on which better deal I come across first.
nohryi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5