[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - double din
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

double din

double din

Postby gogeta » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:45 pm

are we cosidered double din...i was thinkin bout the new eclipse....
arctic frost pearl/gray 04 se
trd exhaust/air filter
mb quart 2 way 6x9s front
eclipse 4-way 6x9s rear
kicker kx 600.1/kicker l7 dual 2ohm
alpine head unit itching to be put in...
gogeta
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ndoyank » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:21 pm

Yeah our stock head unit is considered double din. You might also want to consider the kenwood double din dvd player. I forgot the model number but you should be able to see it on their site. If you do decide to go with the eclipse or the kenwood please post pics.
18' volks, TRD RSB, TRD FSTB, TRD springs, HID retrofit. Micheal T's Grille ..... Silver ICE
ndoyank
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gogeta » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:49 pm

would never ever buy kenwood....had big issues with their top of line execelon few years back....left an awful taste in my mouth.....but as far as pics go...if i get it i sure will....
arctic frost pearl/gray 04 se
trd exhaust/air filter
mb quart 2 way 6x9s front
eclipse 4-way 6x9s rear
kicker kx 600.1/kicker l7 dual 2ohm
alpine head unit itching to be put in...
gogeta
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:40 pm

gogeta wrote:would never ever buy kenwood....had big issues with their top of line execelon few years back....left an awful taste in my mouth.....but as far as pics go...if i get it i sure will....

^^^Yup Yup^^^ Same here, have had so many probs with Kenwood in the past that I've given up on them. The bad part was, I was very loyal to them after all of the bad probs, I stuck with them for a good decade. It was time to switch after replacing multi HU and changers...blahhhhhhhhhhhh :-?

The model is Kenwood DX7015

http://www.mobileonesales.com/DDX7015_p/ddx7015.htm

From all the research that I've done, many peeps complain about the simplicity of the display options. As far as the unit, seems to play fine along with dvd.

Yes, the Gen 2 solaras are Double-din. I'll have to show you guys some pics...lolz :wink: :wink:

-M 8)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby theprodigy79 » Tue May 17, 2005 9:12 am

Careful... our headunit is not double-din... it is considered "oversized" and requires a dash kit. I had to get mine custom about a year ago, however they are sold pretty commonly now. The unit itself is a double-din iso-mount (pretty much a Jap car standard), however the surrounding trim with the knobs are part of the headunit, making it a funky upside down trapazoid. Check online and ebay for the kits, should run around $100 or better. I currently have a single-din headunit, you can go either way depending on what you do with the trim.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5