[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How bad are stock speakers?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

How bad are stock speakers?

How bad are stock speakers?

Postby kgzero1 » Wed May 04, 2005 8:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if any one could answer a couple of questions of mine. Would replacing only the head unit, make the stock speakers sound much better? How bad are the stock speakers?

I have bought the Pioneer DEH-7700MP to put into my future Solara. Also, would getting and amp in addition to this head unit be a good idea to make the stock speakers sound better?

I was just trying to see if I could get away with this. Thanks.
kgzero1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby boaclub923 » Wed May 04, 2005 9:57 pm

i think u have to ask prof for that, or even go to stereo-shop to experience it by urself.

my bro had a camry with fully customized head-unite, speakers, and sub.
however, the sound was so much crappier than my old accord which has stock stereo system.

and i had notice my sounds system got improved on my old accord after i had changed head unit. that time, my car sounded like i had sub, even i didn't install one and all speakers were original one.

if u having JBL system on ur car now, i think it's good enough if u just upgrade ur headunite.
JBL makes good speaker, i think. at least, i like it.
if u have enough budget, u might want to fully customized ur car audio-system.
but i hope u wont' experience something like my bro's old camry.
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jewls » Thu May 05, 2005 7:21 am

I have the non JBL, and only replaced the rears and HU, the fronts actually sound really good for stock. My system now sounds better than my bf's Titan, and he got all new subs, amp, everything.
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2004 SE Black-SOLD
Pioneer MP3/XM radio/speakers,K&N filters,TRD RSB,Cargo Net,OEM Mud Guards,sport pedals, blue interior lighting,TRD oil cap,20% tint
Jewls
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kgzero1 » Thu May 05, 2005 7:54 am

Cool, I guess I will install just the HU at CC and listen to it before I decide to replace the speakers.
2005 Solara SE
4 banger 5 speed MT
Lunar Mist Metallic

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/850364

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055035
kgzero1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dvdchris45 » Fri May 06, 2005 10:31 pm

All my speakers are stock (non JBL ) connected to my Diesel Audio amp & Sony 12 inch subs WITH the stock hu. I have no complaints!
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby trdkamuri51o » Fri May 06, 2005 11:35 pm

i did the opposite of what most did here. i replaced the speakers first... i originally had polk fronts and pioneer rears on the stock deck (non jbl) and it sounded so much better.. honestly i think the stock decks are pretty good (tape w/ option cd player)

new hu on the way when i got extra cash.
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby 04SolaraGirlie » Tue May 17, 2005 9:29 am

I think the stock speakers sound pretty damn good! They really produce alot of bass, when I have it turned up to 50 volume, all my mirrors vibrate :lol: sounds like I have a sub already, must be a toyota thing, my bf got a fully loaded 02 tacoma SR5 TRD 4wd and the stock sound system kicked ass in that too... He has a 92 MR2 now with an alpine head unit, I think the components might be stock, and no sub, and it sounds loud as hell too...
2004 Toyota Solara SE, 4 banger 5 speed. Bought on 3-24-2005.
04SolaraGirlie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kgzero1 » Tue May 17, 2005 11:10 am

You were right the speakers aren't bad at all. I just have to mess with the headunit to get the best sound.
2005 Solara SE
4 banger 5 speed MT
Lunar Mist Metallic

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/850364

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055035
kgzero1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5