[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ipod2car - installed and works!
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

ipod2car - installed and works!

Postby cklinh » Sun May 22, 2005 9:12 am

Skipping songs does not always work the first time I try (I'd say about 75% of the time it works).

Whenever it doesn't work the first time, here's what I do (don't know why it works, it just does):

I usually skip songs from the steering wheel controls, when it doesn't work, I PUSH AND HOLD the next or previous button until I hear a beep. After the beep, I let go of the button and push it again. This usually works (if not, I'll try it again). And if THAT doesn't work, I check to make sure the iPod is seated correctly in the dock.
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby tacti » Sun May 22, 2005 10:20 am

thanks. I'll try that, and hope it'll work.

also, i just found that ipod will not start or stop automatically when i turn on or off the head unit. is it normal?
i just got the ipod2car, and expected a little more from their homepage... well.. sound quality is much better than my previous FM module.. lol
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby cklinh » Sun May 22, 2005 12:07 pm

The turning on and off with the headunit usually works for me when the track changing works.

If one doesn't work, the other doesn't either...
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby tacti » Sun May 22, 2005 2:47 pm

yep, i tried, and seems like it works as you said.. if i can control, it'll stop, if i can't it wont' stop..

also i have one more question. does yours stop charging when you turn the engine off, and take the key out.
i usually leave the ipod in the car, so worry about my battery to be run out...
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby cklinh » Sun May 22, 2005 7:57 pm

I think it automatically stops charging after a bit.
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby tacti » Sun May 22, 2005 9:11 pm

I tried and checked after about an hour turning of the engine, but it was still charging..
I don't think it takes that much power out of battery, but since i leave the ipod in the car all the time, for the safe side, i'll ask the shop if i can exchange to the aux2car, and buy a car adapter for the ipod...
i really liked the idea of controlling from head unit, but oh well...

i hope there would be not much difference in sound quality.. well i'll find it out..

Thanks for your help!
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby slingshot » Sun May 22, 2005 9:14 pm

If you're really that worried about running down your car battery, why not just unplug the cable from the IPOD when leaving the car for a long time every time? It has to be a very tiny trickle charge I'm sure.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Sun May 22, 2005 9:36 pm

Yeah... I leave the iPod in there full time (and I usually only drive on the weekends).
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby tacti » Mon May 23, 2005 11:53 am

well it's true i should take it off.. but.. I forget.. lol
and the price, if i cannot change the song from the radio all the time, (it worked by cklinh's way, but if the ipod was not on, i need to manually start it.. ) getting the aux2car and use the extra 50 for the Gas....
well, i'll go to the shop tomorrow and see what they can do..
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby cklinh » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:14 pm

cklinh wrote:I had to hack away at an Apple dock (took most of the circuitry out) and mount it onto a piece of wood (with a hole in it for the cable to pass through)

If I have time, I'll try to take a pic of what it looks like from the bottom, etc.

Got around to finally uploading some more pics... it's a ghetto solution, but it works...

cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby dvdchris45 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:51 pm

I sold my Monster iCruze FM Transmitter today to invest in an ipod2car. It actually had pretty good sound quality, but since I have my system I need absolute clarity to hit the subs n' speakers. I have the non-jbl head unit, and NO tape player. So do I qualify for the ipod2car connection? And if I do, where can I purchase the unit and the necessary cables?
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby dvdchris45 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:04 pm

^^ Anyone? Any idea suggestions at all....I dont wanna do this blindly....
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby slingshot » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:30 pm

As long as your radio has an input connector for a CD Changer, I think you qualify but better off calling Neo Car Audio (www.neocaraudio.com) or Peripheral Electronics to ask. Neo sells to customers that have Toyotas more than any other car. I called Neo who makes the Neo Ion (it is basically a Peripheral Electronics IPOD2CAR). I ordered it from them on the phone and got the extra needed cable from Toyota (you could get it from Neo instead though). I did the installation with a friend following the install pics from this forum and it was much easier than I thought it would be. The sound totally rocks now (about the same clarity as cd's with the stock nav JBL radio. I'm so impressed. The only caveat is I have to raise the volume by 10 to hear it loud (radio volume at 40 sounds same as IPOD at 50).
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby tacti » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:11 am

I had iPod2Car for while now, and loving it.
the cable has fed into the center console and i had a cellphone holder w/ geese neck held by double sided tape.

it was okay, but well, after a while, the double sided tape start coming off b/c of iPods weight.

I serched around for good iPod mounts, and found a nice one on the web. (can't remember where...)
it was designed to use one of the screws behind the center console, and provide mounting base for the cellphone holder. well.. the price was $29.99 for the base and $19.99 for the ipod holder to put on the mount..

well... it's way more than what i would like to spend just for holder, so i decided to make one by myself. so here's the picture.

RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby slingshot » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:54 am

I show three x's instead of the pics. Okay I see it now. Looks good but do your passenger's knees hit it?
Last edited by slingshot on Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5