[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ipod2car - installed and works!
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

ipod2car - installed and works!

tacti ipod

Postby michaels artic frost » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:27 am

Looks good Tact.

-M 8)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby slingshot » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:12 pm

Here's my IPOD2CAR mounting setup - Ipod2car placed in right flange behind center console. Ipod placed in a cellphone holder and velcroed to the bottom of the center console. Doesn't move around at all and perfect viewing angle to glance down while driving if I ever need to see the song name.

2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby tacti » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:19 pm

slingshot wrote:I show three x's instead of the pics. Okay I see it now. Looks good but do your passenger's knees hit it?

it is not too far out into passenger side, so i don't think it would be a problem. But, so far, only people who had a ride with me was my parents and coworkers, and they are all small people including myself. so I will see when my GF's brother rides with me, least he's bigger than me.. lol

Also I like your setup. i thought about the setup you have, but, i gave up since i thought ipod won't fit in the console with good angle.
but i guess i was wrong and yours' looks nice!
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby slingshot » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:37 am

Tacti,
How is yours attached to the side plastic piece like that? How does it stay unless screwed in?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby tacti » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:45 pm

I found a screw on back of the center console (i don't remember what was that screw was for...)
i bent a piece of metal so that it will be sticking out from the gap between center console and the dash, and use the screw to hold it in place.
the metal piece is held by the screw and squeezed between center console and the dash, so it is really steady and have no problem after driving everyday for couple weeks now.
i'll take some more pics and post it up sometime.
and probably i'll redo the metal piece so that it would look nicer ^^;
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5