[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ipod2car - installed and works!
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

ipod2car - installed and works!

ipod2car - installed and works!

Postby B0ze » Mon May 09, 2005 6:53 pm

Hey, I don't really post here much (I lurk around from time to time), but I wanted to let you know that the ipod2car interface works GREAT with the non-JBL head unit. I just used rduke's tutorial for getting back there, plugged in the wire, routed it through where the cig lighter used to be, and I was done! Just sits tucked away in that little cubby with a newfound purpose. I can control it from the head unit AND the steering wheel controls! My only complaint is that it's a little quieter (45 = 60 about), but it still sounds good turned up a little more (I don't have the iPod turned up all the way as fidelity is lost that way probably). But yea, pretty sweet. You need to get both of the included harnesses for Toyota. Lemme know if you have any questions.
B0ze
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Down2TheC » Mon May 09, 2005 8:11 pm

Anyone know of an inline powered booster? I used my laptop plugged into the AUX2CAR on a long road trip last weekend. My MP3 has a line-out that's a little softer, but my laptop only has a headphone jack that was a lot softer in volume. Radio at 30 = Line out at 40 = headphone jack at 60! It would be nice to be able to balance them by boosting the input. Any radioshak wizards out there?
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby B0ze » Mon May 09, 2005 8:54 pm

You can get an PCIMA Audigy 2 ZS for your laptop. But that's a $99 investment. But the sound quality on your laptop would be awesome... (well, decent)
B0ze
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dvdchris45 » Sun May 15, 2005 12:39 am

B0ze, I'm getting an Ipod mini and I wanna link it up to my car.

Can you list the whats needed andnwhere I can find the stuff needed to hook it up to my non-jbl head unit?
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Sun May 15, 2005 2:06 am

He said he used the rduke tutorial so I'm guessing it's the same. makes sense since the last piece of the chain is a Toyota harness. They don't want multiple interfaces for disk changers (which is the port you're hijacking with the PAC product (IPOD2CAR for U). Note that you need the AB-TOY harnes from PAC and the toyota harness. AB-TOY doesn't get you to the stereo. For some reason, folks don't pick that up in the tut.

Even if that Toyota harness is different on the stereo end, you can double check that the part number in the tut is good for your car by calling the dealership. If not they can look up the non-JBL version. They all end the same which is why PAC could have an AB-TOY standard.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cs1044 » Fri May 20, 2005 10:22 am

Hey B0ze, could you post some pictures? I want to see how it looks like.
cs1044
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby tacti » Sat May 21, 2005 7:13 am

Hi, i just installed ipod2car and it sounds great.
but i'm having problem with skip to the next song and go back one song. some times it skip song, but most of the time it's not.
does anyone having such a problem?
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby slingshot » Sat May 21, 2005 8:16 am

How and where are you guys with IPOD2CAR putting the IPOD? What kind of holder and how are you making it sure it doesn't move around? I'd like to put it in the storage area in front of the shifter but not sure how to mount it securely yet allow me to glance down once in a while if I want to see what song is up. Any pics are welcome.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Sat May 21, 2005 8:58 am

I had to hack away at an Apple dock (took most of the circuitry out) and mount it onto a piece of wood (with a hole in it for the cable to pass through)

If I have time, I'll try to take a pic of what it looks like from the bottom, etc.
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby slingshot » Sat May 21, 2005 12:35 pm

why couldn't you hook the IPOD2car cable right to the connector on the back of the dock? That's the same connector as on the bottom of the IPOD itself.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Sat May 21, 2005 5:42 pm

Not exactly. Actually, that was what I tried first, but there was no radio.

The circuitry in the dock actually splits the audio out from the dock connector. So, the connector in the back is actually without audio; the audio is routed to the line-out (mini-stereo) jack...

I was majorly bummed when I found that out...
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby slingshot » Sat May 21, 2005 7:12 pm

Oops, my mistake. You're right. How are you fastening the bottom of the wood piece to the floor of that storage area so it doesn't move around especially with that cable running under the wood?
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Sat May 21, 2005 11:29 pm

I made a little notch in the wood for the cable to run through. Then I put electrical tape across the bottom of the piece of wood so that the cable can't get out. That's about it. The rubber mat provided enough friction for most day-to-day driving. It's only when I take sharp turns (quickly) that it moves around a bit. I imagine if that's worrisome, some velcro would help?
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby SpeedSTARs » Sun May 22, 2005 1:20 am

cklinh wrote:I had to hack away at an Apple dock (took most of the circuitry out) and mount it onto a piece of wood (with a hole in it for the cable to pass through)

If I have time, I'll try to take a pic of what it looks like from the bottom, etc.

:shocked!: Da..Yam, thats dope.

Man you guys are luck to have that extra storage space in the center console. I have a GEN1 that just has the little pocket are under the ash tray and by the power point. Indeed very nice cklinh. :wink: :D
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby tacti » Sun May 22, 2005 7:21 am

Does everyone having no problem controling the ipod from the non JBL head unit?
can you skip songs, or go back to a song before?
i can listen to the songs, but the sipping songs does not work..
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5