[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - The MOTHERLODE for iPod and Video on Navi
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

The MOTHERLODE for iPod and Video on Navi

Postby Dirtywater » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:48 pm

Do you have to install this yourself, or will the local stero shop be able to do it?
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cklinh » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:40 am

Should be a pretty simple install (there is a tutorial on taking your headunit out somewhere on this forum)...

If you choose to, most places should be able to install it for you.

PS, it's over 50 people now, lowest price possible... so if you were on the fence about it, time to decide?
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby stockae92 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:03 am

can i control the ipod via the steering wheel controls?
2006 Solara SLE V6
stockae92
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby L.A.solaraman » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:50 am

I'm really excited about what VAIS Tech is doing with our systems, however, I am going to wait until they release the AVIC-100i system for our car. This system lets you add an audio/video input in addition to the I-pod addapter. This means that you can add a DVD player, TV tuner, or any other audio/video source to your stock Navi, and also add an I-pod. I waited for the CoastalTech controller, but they really dropped the ball, and I'm going to go with VAIS.

Anyway, I want to know if there are people out there that want the same thing as I do, so we can buy in bulk and get a good discount when the AVIC-100i becomes available for the Solora Nav.

Be sure to check it out on their website www.vaistech.com and let me know what you think... thanks...
2004 OP/sle
L.A.solaraman
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Dirtywater » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:40 am

I am going to go down to Al & Ed's Autosound and see how much it will cost to install. I am in Van Nuys.

If it is reasonable, I'm going to get in on the order. When does it close?
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Dirtywater » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:55 pm

I got in on it. $220 is just too good. I am in Studio City, CA... anyone know any other place outside of Al & Ed's Autosound as a place to install it? I am clueless on doing these types of things. Thanks.
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cklinh » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:04 pm

Look for the tutorial on this forum. If you can use a screwdriver, you can do the install... (from AuxPod install experience... and that was without a tutorial)...

But, if you still insist on it, I'm pretty sure any shop will be glad to take your money :)
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Dirtywater » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:13 pm

Thanks, but even that looks too complicated for me. I'd rther have a professional do it and make my car look like I wasn't monkeying with it.
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby scis30 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:13 pm

can u get an ipod adapter with that??
SOLARAGUY PART 2
i'm baaack
scis30
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Dirtywater » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:05 pm

silversesport wrote:can u get an ipod adapter with that??

What do you mean by iPod adapter? This set up comes with the cables to hook directly into the line-in of the iPod and it charges it as well.
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dvdchris45 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:40 pm

I'm going to connect a Monster iCable to the AUX port of my head unit to a stereo mini (headphones). Is there way this might on my car or just strictly for toyota navys?
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby XLr8 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:29 pm

wow I like those double-dins they have spin KNOBS. I have been looking at kenwood, pioneer, eclipse double din units and its all + and - vol-tune buttons. I do not know it just seems nicer, faster with knob imo.
XLr8
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5