[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Navigation head unit pic
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Navigation head unit pic

Navigation head unit pic

Postby silversurfer220 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:53 pm

Does anybody have a pic of the back side of the stock Nav unit? I have the voice recognition kit to install on mine, but want to see what else I can buy for it, so I can do it all at once. I have absolutely no idea how to pull mine out, or I would have by now. Thanks in advance!
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby murr » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:14 am

voice recognition kit? what's that?
murr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cklinh » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:26 am

^^^ it's a mic that attaches to the back of the navi unit and accepts voice commands (from what I've read, very limited in terms of recognizing commands)...

I'd be interested to know how well it functions/looks (especially the location of the button) after installation... not bad for $50, if only for the wow-factor

I know for sure that the Eclipse BEC 103/104 backup camera is plug and play with the navi unit... have you considered that?

I've also used up the CD changer port for an auxiliary (iPod) input device...
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby silversurfer220 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:12 pm

cklinh wrote:^^^ it's a mic that attaches to the back of the navi unit and accepts voice commands (from what I've read, very limited in terms of recognizing commands)...

I'd be interested to know how well it functions/looks (especially the location of the button) after installation... not bad for $50, if only for the wow-factor

I know for sure that the Eclipse BEC 103/104 backup camera is plug and play with the navi unit... have you considered that?

I've also used up the CD changer port for an auxiliary (iPod) input device...

Ive heard that the voice recognition kit can do quite a lot. I have tried it in a Lexus and it did quite a bit of stuff. Mostly have it for the "wow" factor though. I'd like to get the back up camera, but not at this time. Didnt know there was a cd changer aux port- might come in handy for something else.

For sure though, I will be intalling the voice recognition kit and also a back up camera. Does anyone have a pic??
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cklinh » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:04 pm

Oh, I know about the number of commands. I was refering to the system actually recognizing some of the spoken commands... I had read that that was somewhat lacking on the siennaclub.org forums.

silversurfer220 wrote:

Ive heard that the voice recognition kit can do quite a lot. I have tried it in a Lexus and it did quite a bit of stuff. Mostly have it for the "wow" factor though. I'd like to get the back up camera, but not at this time. Didnt know there was a cd changer aux port- might come in handy for something else.

For sure though, I will be intalling the voice recognition kit and also a back up camera. Does anyone have a pic??[/quote]
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby murr » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:00 am

where can someone pick up one of these kits?
murr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Astro » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:55 am

How's this:
This is from oemvalue.com They have installation help :D
*click on pic*
Sorry the pic is so huge!
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby cklinh » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:37 am

cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Connector locations and pinouts

Postby Strapped4Cash » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:24 am

Does anyone have an accurate list of the connectors on the back of the NAV unit and the corresponding pin-outs? I'm looking for a simple audio input for an MP3 player (non-ipod).
Strapped4Cash
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby masksav » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:24 pm

I'm looking for the same list!
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby masksav » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:52 pm

masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby linmk2 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:05 am

Good info. I've wanted to see what the back of the nav unit looked like. Where does the XM module connect?
Howard
Arctic Frost Pearl/Ivory, Navi 2006 SLE Convertible
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby siennasc98 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:30 am

Link for pin-out description and connector pics;
http://www.castulucci.com/projects/carpc/oemnaviconnectors/index.html
siennasc98
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby masksav » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:55 am

The XM module plugs into R14 (C) which is also the CD changer plug. This is where I'm having a problem .......Where do you plug in the Ipod interface if you are using the one that compatable with Navi/XM OEM HU?
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5