[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - nav system
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

nav system

nav system

Postby philliptedja » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:47 am

Hi, I'm thinking of changing my headunit. Would you guys give me suggestions whether to have it changed to a pioneer d1, eclipse 5495 or 5435. Also, i was wondering if the eclipse could display 3D maps like pioneer. Thanks.

ps: anyone know where to get those nav units with reasonable price?
philliptedja
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cam2Xrunner » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:24 am

Eclipse>Pioneer

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php? ... ht=eclipse

Also be sure to read the post I made there.
cam2Xrunner
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby philliptedja » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:32 pm

Just called the audio shop today and they say that to change the headunit i have to keep my old headunit and hide it because he say that the system will not work unless I keep the headunit ( he said to bypass the amplifier something like that?). Anyway, I'm a newbie and had no prior car audio and navigation knowledge. I would like to know whether what he said is true and is there a way to bypass the amplifier without keeping the headunit? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
philliptedja
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:55 pm

Jackass-Jeff has hookups for eclipse and so do I but just for the HU AVN2435
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby cam2Xrunner » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:45 pm

philliptedja wrote:Just called the audio shop today and they say that to change the headunit i have to keep my old headunit and hide it because he say that the system will not work unless I keep the headunit ( he said to bypass the amplifier something like that?). Anyway, I'm a newbie and had no prior car audio and navigation knowledge. I would like to know whether what he said is true and is there a way to bypass the amplifier without keeping the headunit? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

The Gen2 Solara might already have the prewired harness to bypass the stock amp. I know the Gen1 and 1.5 does.

Here's a Tutorial on bypassing the factory amp.

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=15629
cam2Xrunner
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5