[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Problem with Subwoofer
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Problem with Subwoofer

Problem with Subwoofer

Postby chaosmarine32 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:59 pm

I know this doesnt totally relate to a problem with a Solara, but i thought u guys might be able to help anyways.

I had Dual 12" rockford P2 enclosed subs and an p5002 amp (rated @ 600 watts rms @ 2 ohms, 1800 peak) installed less than a month ago. Yesterday, as i was driving, they stopped working abruptly. I got home and i check the wiring and to see if the amp was hot or something, but nothing was wrong. A buddy plugged in one of his subs and it worked fine, so it isnt any wiring or the head unit, etc. The Subs arent blown....they dont work at all. I was wondering what could be at fault for this?
chaosmarine32
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Problem with Subwoofer

Postby Nutty101 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:09 pm

chaosmarine32 wrote:I know this doesnt totally relate to a problem with a Solara, but i thought u guys might be able to help anyways.

I had Dual 12" rockford P2 enclosed subs and an p5002 amp (rated @ 600 watts rms @ 2 ohms, 1800 peak) installed less than a month ago. Yesterday, as i was driving, they stopped working abruptly. I got home and i check the wiring and to see if the amp was hot or something, but nothing was wrong. A buddy plugged in one of his subs and it worked fine, so it isnt any wiring or the head unit, etc. The Subs arent blown....they dont work at all. I was wondering what could be at fault for this?

Did you check the subs on another. If so have you looked at them to see if any clips or wires are loose on them? Also look at the jacks to see if the wires are loose on there. Could be a jack (Don't know your installation so just tossing ideas out.)
Nutty101
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Problem with Subwoofer

Postby cklinh » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:24 pm

chaosmarine32 wrote:I know this doesnt totally relate to a problem with a Solara, but i thought u guys might be able to help anyways.

Hm... I have the exact same setup but with dual 10"... actually happened to me too... it was working, then it wasn't... my problem was that we chose a bad grounding point for the amp... we had to scrape more paint off (weird that it was working for 1 day...)
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby chaosmarine32 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:47 pm

i went to the audio place today and the guy said they were blown from being played too loud. I always thought blown speakers still play just sound like garbage. They are getting replaced for free so oh well. Thanks for the help.
chaosmarine32
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dvdchris45 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:02 pm

On my xplodes, one day i was bumpin' my music regularly when the music cuts off and the start subs hit at their hardest (without stopping). I turned off the power to my audio system and they were STILL hitting hard. So I barely manage to stop at a red light after 2 minuets (while the subs are still hitting), I turn off my car and turn it back on...and back to normal. The whole thing probably took away a decade of my hearing away, but meh.
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5