[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Where to mount XM tuner
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Where to mount XM tuner

Where to mount XM tuner

Postby silversurfer220 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:21 pm

My Solara has factory XM installed in it. Well, they put the tuner on the side carpet of the trunk. It moved around and flopped around every time you drove the car. Well, opened the trunk up tonite and found out that it tore out of the carpet and left 4 big holes in the carpet. I dont want to re-mount it just in the carpet- seems kind of stupid to keep tearing my carpeting up. Was wondering if there are any better places in the trunk. Right now, its sitting on the floor of the trunk. I thought about using zip ties to attach it to the cross beams between the speakers, but dont know if that will work.
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cam2Xrunner » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:46 pm

Use self tapping screws and screw it to the bottom of the rear deck like you suggested.
cam2Xrunner
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PhreakdOut » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Gen2 Tutorials: There's one on XM Install. You'll see the brackets you're missing to attach the tuner.

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=8508
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby kgzero1 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:57 am

You could always take off the passenger seat and use plastic ties to tie it to the bottome of the seat. Doing this would prevent it from moving arount. There are some holes on the bottom of the seats that you could put the ties through. I did this with the factory xm for my xA. Just a thought.
2005 Solara SE
4 banger 5 speed MT
Lunar Mist Metallic

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/850364

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055035
kgzero1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5