[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Navigation "Tutor" for Newbee's
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Navigation "Tutor" for Newbee's

Navigation "Tutor" for Newbee's

Postby radmanGTO » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:08 am

All ... I have been somewhat upset that out Solara manuals are not inclusive to what this marvelous system can do. Besides, having a website for a demo is an added plus that leets you "see" it happen.. :>))

I have been searching for a means of inputing a point, not knowing any town, state, address, etc... the manuals only "imply" it could be done. A simple Google search for Lexus Navigation, finds this marvelous step-by step Lexus Nav site that gives me the answer to my question. In fact, there are two ways of doing it and one seems to imply you can do it WHILE driving .. !!!

The site is; http://www.lexus.com/assets/navigation_ ... av_56k.htm

Try it ... the Lexus screen is a wee bit diff from our '05/'06 Nav screen, but everything else seems to be fine ...

I just tried running through the simple steps, and the menu's are identical ...

Regards,
Barry
Radman
'06 Artic Frost Pearl Solara SLE
Michael T's Combo Grilles,
Gold Pkg, sills, curtains, NAV, VSC, TRAC
radmanGTO
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

radmanGTO - Gen 2 navi

Postby michaels artic frost » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:33 am

Nice find Barry. I'm sure others will appreciate this.

-M 8)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5