[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - good combo for speakers?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

good combo for speakers?

Postby theprodigy79 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:58 am

solaris wrote:no, i have a 2006 v6 se w/ jbl premium w/o navi

Then you have 6x9s all around (Crutchfield is mistaken). The Infinity Kappas will fit (along with any other 6x9 speaker)... the only issue you may run into is magnet spacing, which is a pretty simple fix (just make some simple spacers). Make sure you put your windows down a couple times to ensure no rubbing after you get your speakers in, and before you put your door trim back on.

Front Speakers

Rear Speakers

Dash Speakers

Amp (mounted behind glove box)

My Boston Acoustics Z6 (6.5") in the factory door location
You can see I had to manufacture a custom trim piece to fill the oval gap and also space the speaker forward a bit (since it has a larger magnet)

Bottom shot of my rear Boston Acoustics Z6 (to give an idea of magnet size)

The crossovers aren't really a problem... they are pretty small and can be stashed away pretty easily.

As Jon (above) stated, Focals are also a very good brand (as are Diamonds). They tend to be a bit more pricy, however, and I've never heard their 6x9s...

-James
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby solaris » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:30 am

thanks, the pictures are really great. i appreciate it. those speakers really have big magnets... :o :P
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby solaris » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:51 pm

can i just mount the 6x9 speakers at the bottom, i mean put the screws from the bottom going up so that i can remove it easily if ever i want to replace it?
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:13 pm

I don't see why that wouldn't be possible... Make sure you clip the screws short enough so they don't dig into the cover, and I would recommend making a gasket of some sort to seal around the frame of the speakers...

The only two problems I can see arrising are:

#1 watch out for magnet spacing... since you're dropping the speaker below it may have issues running into the metal cross bars below.

#2 watch out for speaker excursion... if you mount from below you may have issues with the surround of the speaker rubbing against the metal when playing music...

other than that, you should be fine!
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby kgzero1 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:30 pm

How did you remove the rear deck?
Nice job by the way.
2005 Solara SE
4 banger 5 speed MT
Lunar Mist Metallic

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/850364

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055035
kgzero1