[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Upgrade to JBL sound system
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Upgrade to JBL sound system

Upgrade to JBL sound system

Postby felichino » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:51 am

Hi, guys,
I have 2004 Toyota Solara SE, It has a regular head unit with CD player and AM/FM radio. I have installed aftermarket amp - Infinity Reference and replaced speakers with Infinity Kappa series. Everything was find until I have decided to replace it with Solara's JBL head unit which has 6 CD changer, AM/FM radio, Sat radio. I did not want to put in it aftermarket head unit, cause it would not look good in the interior. So, I bought factory JBL head unit. BUT, the wiring is totally different. Can anyone help me with wiring this head unit to my car?
felichino
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:28 pm

The JBL 6 disk unit is a completely different head than the non-premium system (it does not have an internal amplifier)... The premium system actually comes with a 4 channel amplifier behind the glove box... in order to bypass it (or not have one) I'm sure there's some sort of $150+ wire harness available....
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:06 pm

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=20124

^^^Read what I wrote in the link above.^^^
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator