[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)

Postby JimGo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:04 am

I've been searching and searching. Seems most aux inputs are going for between $80 and $150. I'm amazed that they cost this much, and am trying to do a little more research into what kinds of inputs the CD changer expects. Anybody know the input voltage ranges and/or pin-outs?
- Jim
JimGo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby aztecgizmo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 am

I just bought a Phillips casette device that goes in my tape deck and plugs into my IPOD for $10. It souds great to me and is a perfect cheap solution. For the price, if you have a tape deck, it's hard to beat this solution.
aztecgizmo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby JimGo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:05 am

Unfortunately, I don't have a tape deck in my Solara. My wife's Honda Pilot has one, and I agree, the tape deck solution sounds good and works well.
- Jim
JimGo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ruski » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:44 pm

Jim search on ebay, i got mine of Sg for 50 bucks, great investment i love it im running and ipod and xm radio.
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby philosophicaljt » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:10 pm

this won't work with the Navi does it? I believe I have a 6disc CD changer port.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby FLUXEMAG » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:40 pm

made in china wrote:
swindler wrote:(Been offline a while out-of-state)...

Hey, has anybody had detection problems with this adapter?

I would have sweared by this interface a month ago. I bought mine last fall, and the only issue I've had is that one a month or so, the radio would not detect the external CD interface. I.e., pushing the CD button would not cycle beyond the internal CD player.

BUT, now in the last few weeks it has switched. It now does NOT detect the DF-TOY interface 90+% of the time, and once in a great while, it works.

Whether or not it detects the interface appears to be tied to ignition on, not radio on, but other than that, I can't seem to figure out what's wrong.

Anyone seen this issue? (I have the JBL unit w/o NAV.)

I have a 2002 SE w/JBL and the DF-TOY adapter and since new the HU would not "see" the DF-TOY 30-40% of the time, so I just usually leave it "on". The only way to get it to "see" the DF-TOY again is to turn the car off then on again, that seems to work.

I have the same problem. It sucks and I hate it. All I want is to plug in a damn auxillary connection. Last time I checked it's past the year 2000 I should not still be using a tape deck converter.
1967 Karmann Ghia Coupe, Rusty White
2005 Solara SE Sport V6, Lunar Mist
2010 G37 Coupe, Moonlight White
FLUXEMAG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5