[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)

2004 SOLARA WTIH NAV... DOES DFTOY FOR IPODS WORK??????

Postby SOLARAGUY029 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:10 pm

Hi guys, I'm getting mixed messages on this topic. Does anyone know for sure if the OEM navigation on he 04 solara work with the DFTOY?
if so can give me a better idea on where to feel out the port that the DFTOY adapter connects to?
SOLARAGUY029
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:26 pm

clarkncc wrote:
mik00725 wrote:
04solarafanatic wrote:HI guys, I have an 04 solara with the stock non-JBL and non-Nav, is there anyone that hs installed a similar product to this? or even modified this one to work with our stock radio? Please let me know....thanks a bunch!!!!

Like Solara fanatic and cRaCkeD oUt , I also have an non JBL non Navi. Will this work with our radio? Any body knows?

Thnaks!!

You guys have the same car...with the same questions. Open your owners manual to page 147. We have a type 1 stereo system. ..flip to page 149 to see an explanation of controlling the disc changer. However, I wanted more proof...and I didn't really like the 'finger the hole' method discussed earlier.

Used the instructions provided in an earlier post to remove alot of panels...http://www.toyotaparts4u.com/pdf_files/ ... eRadio.pdf

Didn't unplug the top panel (with all the instruments)..just moved it over to the side....pulled the cd player out...went out to CC and purchased... the USA spec ....and plugged it in.

I didn't have the other cables to hook up the device to the USA spec...but to answer your question...so far so good.

Sorry for the long winded response..just wanted to be as clear as possible that owners of a 04 solara with non jbl non nav can use this device.

Thanks to all for posting this information with instructions, I've worked on domestic cars for systems in the past with no problems..but this being my first foreign car....I'd be lost without your guys help. Thanks!

so if it works for the '04 solara without jbl and w/o navi it should work for '05 and '06 without it also correct?
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: 2004 SOLARA WTIH NAV... DOES DFTOY FOR IPODS WORK??????

Postby masksav » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:11 am

SOLARAGUY029 wrote:Hi guys, I'm getting mixed messages on this topic. Does anyone know for sure if the OEM navigation on he 04 solara work with the DFTOY?
if so can give me a better idea on where to feel out the port that the DFTOY adapter connects to?

I have a 2006 with the Nav system and XM, which is basically the same radio and wish to add my IPOD as well. I tried the DFTOY and it does not work if you have XM as they both use the same port. :cry:

I've now tried 4 different interfaces and none work. They all have the same problem you hear the XM in the background when using the IPOD.
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby KGolf78 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:01 am

masksav (or others who want to join in),

You wrote "I have a 2006 with the Nav system and XM, which is basically the same radio and wish to add my IPOD as well. I tried the DFTOY and it does not work if you have XM as they both use the same port."

I just bought my 2006 Solara with Nav and tried to use the DF-TOY with my MP3 player (not Ipod). I can't even get that to work. Your message implies that you are able to use the DF-TOY with an 06 NAV headunit (but you are having problems with using both an IPod and Sat. Radio). I followed the tutorials on this forum - took apart the center console, connected the DFTOY to the back of the NAV unit and attached my MP3 player to one of the RCA out jacks on the DF-TOY. It doesn't work. When I click through Mode on the steering wheel it just cycles through AM/FM/CD. When I click CD twice, it does not change, just stays on CD.

Is there some set up required on the headunit to make it understand that an AUX device is attached? Or should it just know it is attached because something is plugged into the back?

If this does not work, and I want to try the Daistech device, I assume I will have to completely remove the headunit, as I can't see how I could get the DFTOY interface removed from the back with just my hand from underneath due to the clip-in nature of the interface plug?

Thanks for any guidance!
KGolf78
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 04solarafanatic » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:09 pm

Folks, good news!!! I have a non-jbl/non-nav radio and this device works AWESOME!!!! no more stupid fm modulator...and the sound is VERY CLEAN!!! Thanks for all the people who have put many tutorials on how to install this device and others who have validated that it will work with my 04 solara.

The install took my about 15 mins to do, and I was quite shocked how easy it was to take apart the parts needed to do this. I did not have to remove the radio since the plug you need to plug into the back of the radio is accessible by reaching under and behind that radio. The one this I want to add is that, for this radio you need to use all the wiring supplied in the packaging. The smallest plug with plug into the back of the radio with the release clip facing down.

Again thanks peoples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04solarafanatic
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SOLARAGUY029 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:41 pm

I'm having the same problem as KGolf78. I hooked up the DFTOY and it just cycles through the fm cd etc. I have the nav unit but no satellite radio hooked up. Any one able to help me out?
SOLARAGUY029
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby FLUXEMAG » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:26 pm

Has anyone plugged their ipod directly into the cd changer port of the JBL headunit? Using a stereo mini to rca adapter, the same one you would use to plug it into the DFTOY. I'm trying to figure out if this thing is just a signal switch or if it conditions the signal. Does the DFTOY have a power cable?
1967 Karmann Ghia Coupe, Rusty White
2005 Solara SE Sport V6, Lunar Mist
2010 G37 Coupe, Moonlight White
FLUXEMAG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:53 pm

I don't know about this unit, but I contacted Dension about the Ice>Link Plus and this is the response I received from them:

""As long as you don't have Navigation it will work with your car.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Zoltan | Dension USA, Inc.

Sales Support

Ph. 866.822.3673 x 111

Fx. 562.684.4010

www.densionusa.com
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby FLUXEMAG » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:36 pm

does anyone have a picture of the two ends of the DFTOY cable? The side that goes into the head unit and the side that plugs into the DFTOY. Probably not since you've already installed it, but if someone gets a new one, snap a pic...
1967 Karmann Ghia Coupe, Rusty White
2005 Solara SE Sport V6, Lunar Mist
2010 G37 Coupe, Moonlight White
FLUXEMAG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:18 pm

ill post up a pic later
i have a midterm in an hour or so
ill be back after

kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby FLUXEMAG » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:37 am

which one plugs into the JBL side? I see three connection heads... one is the MBUS cd changer type, the white ones I have no idea. If the white plugs go into the back of the JBL, I'm screwed.
FLUXEMAG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:17 pm

the one in the background plugs into the piece that has the 2 white ends in my hand
the white ends in my hand plug into the headpiece
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby zeppman » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:07 pm

Hey guys,

I'm interested in this gizmo, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get to the back of my 05 solara stereo (no jbl/nav). For some reason I can not view the pictures in the tutorials that have been posted. Can someone further explain how to remove the center console and front compartment?
zeppman
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby eh0013 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:26 am

kingkakyle wrote:the one in the background plugs into the piece that has the 2 white ends in my hand
the white ends in my hand plug into the headpiece

I just bought the DFToy and am wondering if someone could verify how I can locate where to connect the "2 white ends" to the HU. The tutorials seem to show only one white end. Thanks for any clarification :bday: .
2005 Convertible SE
Arctic Frost
eh0013
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jack Soulfire » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:37 pm

You only connect one white end to the back of the head unit. Read this thread for all the info you'll need.
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5