[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:50 pm

cklinh wrote:There's a CD Changer port (for external CD Changers) on the back of your system. You plug it through there...

To access the input, once it is connected, hit the CD button or steering wheel mode button and it should cycle through your sources.

Just to elaborate a lil bit more. Once it's installed and up and running, select CD or steering wheel mode like cklinh said, you'll see "CD" displayed on the stock HU screen and press CD again and you'll see "CD1" this is the auxiliary mode and you can then press TRACK up or down and you can go to source 1 audio or source 2 audio. To get back to regular CD changer usage, just press CD again and you'll see "CD" only.

Hope this helps.
-M 8)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jack Soulfire » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:30 pm

Rock, I feel much better now. Thanks to the both of you.

Any ideas on how to feed a wire into the little space down below? I think I might've seen someone on the board do something to that effect. Looking forward to getting this hooked up!
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cklinh » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:07 pm

That may or may not be me... I can't remember if I took pics...

Basically, after taking out that rubber mat at the bottom of the compartment, I drilled a hole just a little under where the top of the mat would be (at the back of the compartment).That's so that I could drill the hole as big as I needed, but only the smallest part of it would show once the mat is on...
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:09 pm

Jack Soulfire wrote:Rock, I feel much better now. Thanks to the both of you.

Any ideas on how to feed a wire into the little space down below? I think I might've seen someone on the board do something to that effect. Looking forward to getting this hooked up!

As for the wiring, check out the Gen 2 tutorial on something similiar to this set up, I think down2thec has pics to go along w/ the tutorial.

I've got my radar/laser detector underneath the dash as well and it's coming thru the small compartment below the climate controls.

-M 8)
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:12 pm

michaels artic frost wrote:
I've got my radar/laser detector underneath the dash as well and it's coming thru the small compartment below the climate controls.

-M 8)

Mike,

Slightly off topic, but I was thinking of doing the same thing... doesn't the radar detector lose a lot of range when it's installed there? What brand are you using?
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby solaris » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:45 pm

bought one at a local circuit city today...installed it in 10 minutes... hooked the ipod and wow!!!, sound is great. you can set the eq of your ipod to your preference but i set mine to loudness, put the volume to max and control the overall volume from my radio. for now, i put the stereo jack on my glove box. when i think of something permanent for the ipod, i will move it. unlike the metra adapter i bought from CC a few days ago, this one is better. the metra one would just stop and switch back to CD after 5 minutes (dont know why). thanks for the info Michael... :)

now i'm thinking of getting an xm or sirius to hook on the 2nd aux port. any good model you guys know of that's not so expensive?
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Lone Solara » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:46 pm

Thanks joebxr for the code. I just placed the order and the coupon worked just fine; $10 off and free shipping.
2006 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Lunar Mist Metallic
Dark Stone Interior
Black Top
K&N air filter
Lone Solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Down2TheC » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:30 am

I've had an AUX2Car in for about 8 months now and I have to say that yours is better and cheaper. With the PAC product (Price may have dropped) it was more out of the box but then you had to buy their AB-TOY harness and the Toyota Harness. Those prices don't change. Plus two inputs and apparently a better display. (AUX2Car shows 1 track and flashes between 1:00 and 2:00 for time. Kinda lame.

What does this one show for time if it's using tracks as Aux1 or Aux2?
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby solaris » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:57 am

this one shows you how long since you've switched to cd1
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:32 am

down2thec wrote:I've had an AUX2Car in for about 8 months now and I have to say that yours is better and cheaper. With the PAC product (Price may have dropped) it was more out of the box but then you had to buy their AB-TOY harness and the Toyota Harness. Those prices don't change. Plus two inputs and apparently a better display. (AUX2Car shows 1 track and flashes between 1:00 and 2:00 for time. Kinda lame.

You still need cables for this product too. Anyone know exactly which cables you need?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:41 am

slingshot wrote:
down2thec wrote:I've had an AUX2Car in for about 8 months now and I have to say that yours is better and cheaper. With the PAC product (Price may have dropped) it was more out of the box but then you had to buy their AB-TOY harness and the Toyota Harness. Those prices don't change. Plus two inputs and apparently a better display. (AUX2Car shows 1 track and flashes between 1:00 and 2:00 for time. Kinda lame.

You still need cables for this product too. Anyone know exactly which cables you need?

^^^down2thec is talking about his setup.^^^ His setup requires an additional harness from Toyota, the auxiliary adapter that I posted up does not require any additional parts.

I'm telling you guys, it's a hella deal for such a great adapter. And solaris, just confirmed this.

solaris wrote:bought one at a local circuit city today...installed it in 10 minutes... hooked the ipod and wow!!!, sound is great. you can set the eq of your ipod to your preference but i set mine to loudness, put the volume to max and control the overall volume from my radio. for now, i put the stereo jack on my glove box. when i think of something permanent for the ipod, i will move it. unlike the metra adapter i bought from CC a few days ago, this one is better. the metra one would just stop and switch back to CD after 5 minutes (dont know why). thanks for the info Michael... :)

now i'm thinking of getting an xm or sirius to hook on the 2nd aux port. any good model you guys know of that's not so expensive?

^^^This was exactly what I was thinking for those that wanted satellite and ipod setup.^^^ 2 sets of rca inputs is so so sweet!!!

usa spec knows their stuff!!!

-M 8)
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jack Soulfire » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:55 am

solaris wrote:bought one at a local circuit city today...installed it in 10 minutes... hooked the ipod and wow!!!, sound is great. you can set the eq of your ipod to your preference but i set mine to loudness, put the volume to max and control the overall volume from my radio. for now, i put the stereo jack on my glove box. when i think of something permanent for the ipod, i will move it. unlike the metra adapter i bought from CC a few days ago, this one is better. the metra one would just stop and switch back to CD after 5 minutes (dont know why). thanks for the info Michael... :)

Careful about putting your iPod volume to max. It tends to distort a lot when you do this at loud volumes. I usually keep mine around 3/4. Just my 2c.
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby solaris » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am

this is how i've installed mine.....like Michael said, no additional wiring needed except for the rca/mini stereo jack for the ipod...

solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:44 pm

Where do you get the RCA Plugs to IPOD connector cable? That doesn't come with it so you have to get it somewhere, right? How much?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby solaris » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:51 pm

you can buy that from CC or Bestbuy or Radioshack. Usually they're red and white. the other end must be a mini stereo plug. mine is yellow and black, coz that's for my digital camera, yellow for video and black for audio.
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5