[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:17 pm

And check the tutorial thread for pics of the AUX2CAR install. It's the same deal.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby swindler » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:25 pm

(Been offline a while out-of-state)...

Hey, has anybody had detection problems with this adapter?

I would have sweared by this interface a month ago. I bought mine last fall, and the only issue I've had is that one a month or so, the radio would not detect the external CD interface. I.e., pushing the CD button would not cycle beyond the internal CD player.

BUT, now in the last few weeks it has switched. It now does NOT detect the DF-TOY interface 90+% of the time, and once in a great while, it works.

Whether or not it detects the interface appears to be tied to ignition on, not radio on, but other than that, I can't seem to figure out what's wrong.

Anyone seen this issue? (I have the JBL unit w/o NAV.)
2006 SLE V6 Convertible
swindler
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jack Soulfire » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:58 pm

Never had a problem w/ mine.
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:37 pm

well when i plugged mine in it never really "clicked"
it just fit in the slot
so basically all i did was push it in as hard as i could and then zip tie the cable up so taht there would be no pressure pulling it down just in case
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby eh0013 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:07 pm

Jack Soulfire wrote:You only connect one white end to the back of the head unit. Read this thread for all the info you'll need.

Hi Jack, thanks for the tip but to be really honest, I've read this thread more than three times and could not find the part that addresses the two plugs that go into the HU. The AUX2CAR tutorial with and without pictures is not helpful on this specific question either. I just know that I would have to fumble blindly when connecting these two (or one of the two) plugs behind the head unit. Could someone please tell me which of the two goes where? Did anyone actually plug both? The bottom picture of about 6 posts prior shows you the plugs I am referring to. Help :( :( !
2005 Convertible SE
Arctic Frost
eh0013
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:08 pm

only 1 plugs in
i have non jbl non navi
just reach back tehre and feel around
tehre will be a small hole...the tip of my finger barely fits in
its the same size as the male white plug
just slowly move ur fingers across the back...its higher up than u think it might be
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jack Soulfire » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:41 am

You plug the female one into the back of the head unit (the smaller one with holes instead of the metal spikes)
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby eh0013 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:33 am

Jack Soulfire wrote:You plug the female one into the back of the head unit (the smaller one with holes instead of the metal spikes)

:o Becoming more confusing here...is it the male (from two posts back) or the female (the previous post)? At the very least, I know it justs needs one plug....don't know which. I wonder if it matters what kind of HU you have. I have the JBL HU with the in dash 6-disc changer. To operationalize this, the male plug has the pins while the female plug has the holes (this is also the smaller of the two). Thanks for the clarification :D
2005 Convertible SE
Arctic Frost
eh0013
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:26 am

haha sorry for the confusion i meant female too NOT male
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby eh0013 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:58 pm

Thanks Jack and Kingkakyle! Installed it today...this was eaaaaasy! Removal of trim was easy too. Female plug snapped snuggly into place. I use an RCA - Ipod Dock cable to make the connection (versus RCA - Headphone jack). I use the same in my MINI. Some claim this is a cleaner connection and I would have to agree. Volume control solely comes from the HU. For those who are wondering, you can get this retractable chord from Amazon. Brand is Ziplinq. Only disadvantage is that you cannot charge the Ipod while playing it. Thanks again guys! :D
2005 Convertible SE
Arctic Frost
eh0013
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jack Soulfire » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:17 pm

Glad we could help out. Enjoy the new setup... I love mine.

:D
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eviltwinpsu » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:42 am

Well, im officially out of school again and have a real job so i can afford to do some more mods to my convertable.... this one is an obvious choice for the money. Got the part intoday and installed it in like 30 min... I even managed to hide most of the wires.

Put the AUX unit in the glove box and everything works fine
Eviltwinpsu
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:42 pm

Eviltwinpsu wrote:Well, im officially out of school again and have a real job so i can afford to do some more mods to my convertable.... this one is an obvious choice for the money. Got the part intoday and installed it in like 30 min... I even managed to hide most of the wires.

Put the AUX unit in the glove box and everything works fine

Congrats!!

-M 8)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mik00725 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:10 am

Ordered mine today from Crutchfield, once receive I'll install and take some pics of the installation. I don't know if anyone has made a tutorial of this with pics. Hope everything go as smooth as they say.
2004 Arctic Frost Pearl with Dark Stone Leather seats SE.
mik00725
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby superlara » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:31 am

when i first bought that it was like God's gift to me.
thats what runs my ipod and my dvd player through my headunit...

wouldnt be happy without it.
3.3 L V6
18"kyowarims,custompaint,InjenIntake,EibachSprings,VeradUnderglo,LEDint., Ipod,2-7"monitors,dvd,TRDmuffler,MikeT's grilles,
superlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5