[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)

Postby solaris » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:25 pm

how did you mount your ipod?

i bought a 4-Way Cigarette Lighter Adapter from CC and removed the one on the storage compartment. I placed the lighter adapter at the bottom next to the ipod adapter and sticked it w/ double sided tape. I put my ipod battery charger and GPS adapter in there and let the wire inside the storage compartment through the holes on top of it (so that i dont have to drill). i still have two extra power port in case i need it for my future xm tuner... 8)
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MikeATL » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:19 am

Bought mine from CC last night, installed it in about 15 minutes.

1 word:

Awesome.
2008 - Black on Black - Infiniti G37S
SOLD: 2005 - Silver - SLE - V6 - HIDs - Ipod
MikeATL
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cRaCkeD oUt » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:07 pm

:o Uh will this work for a regular non-JBL non-Nav plain ol' Solara 2005 cd player? On crutchfield it says its not compatible. Or are they just trying to scare me?
Own yaH! @_@

2005 Toyota Solara SE Sport 5Spd. I4- Artic White
cRaCkeD oUt
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby KansasSolara » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:23 pm

Man, I just saw this thing at Circuit City today. The box says that it will only work with the premium JBL system and the NAVI (you need the input for an external cd changer to plug this in, the regular unit does not have it).
Hope this helps.
KansasSolara
2006 SLE V6
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2178340
KansasSolara
CowTown Solara Driver
CowTown Solara Driver

Postby cRaCkeD oUt » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:39 pm

That is horse poo.
Own yaH! @_@

2005 Toyota Solara SE Sport 5Spd. I4- Artic White
cRaCkeD oUt
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby KansasSolara » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:54 pm

Does anybody know if this system works with the XM factory module, or does the XM module use the same input? I haven't taken out my HU to see what's available back there. (I got the 3-in-1 JBL)
Anyhow I got the XM OEM module on the way, but adding the ipod to the mix would be the bomb!

Thanks,
KansasSolara
2006 SLE V6
KansasSolara
CowTown Solara Driver
CowTown Solara Driver

Postby KansasSolara » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:30 pm

Hell I just installed it and it sounds great.
I'm not sure if the XM thing will work with this in place, but I'll find out next week. Thanks down2thec for the tutorial (I almost tried to remove the HU, good thing i looked around for your tutorial).
I got the USA Spec Aux interface at Circuit City (DF-TOY); just a side bar here: the box says it's compatible with 98-03 Solaras. It worked perfect for my 06. Just around $58.
I'm gonna go do some cruising around with some good tunes now.
Later...
KansasSolara
2006 SLE V6
KansasSolara
CowTown Solara Driver
CowTown Solara Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:57 pm

KansasSolara wrote:Hell I just installed it and it sounds great.
I'm not sure if the XM thing will work with this in place, but I'll find out next week. Thanks down2thec for the tutorial (I almost tried to remove the HU, good thing i looked around for your tutorial).
I got the USA Spec Aux interface at Circuit City (DF-TOY); just a side bar here: the box says it's compatible with 98-03 Solaras. It worked perfect for my 06. Just around $58.
I'm gonna go do some cruising around with some good tunes now.
Later...

Hey bro,

So, does that mean you have both the XM and the USA Spec Aux working together? I'm just double checking, that's all.

BTW, your avatar looks nice, especially w/ your sn photoshopped across the windshield.

-M 8)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby KansasSolara » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:07 am

Michael,
Thanks for the compliments on the Avatar.
I'll try to install both. I love XM, and yet I have such a big investment in my 60GB ipod that it would be a shame not to use it in the car.
For now I mounted the ipod base inside the center console (the one with the cool door) this helps me hide the ipod when I park the car, plus it looks way cool in there; It works well if you use the playlists. I'll take some pics and add them to my website soon.
Take care,

Oscar
KansasSolara
2006 SLE V6
KansasSolara
CowTown Solara Driver
CowTown Solara Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:51 am

im so behind on this lol
so from what i read in the tutorial....you can install this without drilling holes?
cuz i really dont want to have to drill anything xP
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:57 am

kingkakyle wrote:im so behind on this lol
so from what i read in the tutorial....you can install this without drilling holes?
cuz i really dont want to have to drill anything xP

Plug and play, no drilling required! :wink:
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby KansasSolara » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:07 am

You don't have drill no holes man. Just use quick ties or some wire to tie the box to a good anchor point (that is if you don't mind installing the box out of sight). I guess automotive double sided tape could also work. Then route the wire that plugs to the ipod between panels.

You'll figure it out, it's a fairly easy project.
By the way I found out that the USAspec Aux in does not play well with the XM factory module since they have to share the same input; the harness allows for both to be plugged in but the volume level dropped by about 50% when I had both the ipod and XM installed - at the end the ipod had to go and XM stayed, just personal preference. This is not and issue if you have aftermarket HU, or aftermarket XM.
KansasSolara
2006 SLE V6
KansasSolara
CowTown Solara Driver
CowTown Solara Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:19 am

just to make sure....is wat kansas said true? u have to have JBL premium sound to be able to use this?
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:53 am

Check the AUXBOX pics post in tutorials. It'll take five minutes to pop off the center section and stick your finger back there to see if you have a CD Changer port. (or if you know that XM or Changer was an option with your car and the non-prem. sound system at purchase time, then you're golden.) I'd wanna touch the hole before buying the gear though. (it's a guy thing 8) ).
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby solaris » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:46 pm

just make sure you touch the right hole tho' :lol:
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5