[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Noise from speaker...
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Noise from speaker...

Noise from speaker...

Postby tacti » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:09 pm

I have 5 channel amp and it powering Memphis sub and diamond audio component speaker. I do not have JBL or after market speaker.

I don't know since when, but recently i notice high frequency noise from speaker. this is during no or really low sound part of CD. it's not noticeable if i drive with my window open (probably why i did not notice until now.. it's getting cold.... lol)

the noise stop when i change the input from radio to CD, CD to ipod, etc. so i think maybe it is because i use 5 channel amp?
i asked guys at audio shop and they said that after market head unit should solve the problem b/c the head unit out put is too low..
it kinda make sense but i just want to have some second opinion.

also if i would need to get a new head unit, what should i get?
i'm looking around 200-300.
right now, looking eclipse 5415 or 5425 for the 5 volts pre-out. most other unit with this price range said it is 2 volts pre-out. does this make any difference?
i'm not that familiar with audio...
please give me some thoughts.

also if you can let me know any other unit with good price with good sound i will appreciate.

Thanks

Tacti
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby tacti » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:22 pm

oh, in addition...
i saw somewhere online, the scion site was talking about if you get 06 model eclipse, you can use original harness and also the steering wheel control will work without any extra things... is this true? would someone confirm this?
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dvdchris45 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:12 pm

yes it is true... i believe socalsol, whos also got the eclipse unit said so when the topic of the stereo controls was rather popular...now it just seems disregarded almost lol
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5