[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Audiofile advice needed - pricing.
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Audiofile advice needed - pricing.

Audiofile advice needed - pricing.

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:07 pm

Saw a deal in the want-ads at work which are usually ripoffs or major deals. Searched around and don't see much pricing info so I'm looking for a B.S. check from my trusted SG's. (Though the lame info on the web makes me skeptical.)

Competition car audio equipment
1000 watt Autotek amp and 2-1000 watt JBL 15" competition subs all new in boxes $2100.00 new/ $400 obo.

So "Grab it" or "Run Away"? I have the convertible but I'm sure I could design a system around the gear if it's good. (Replace the 8" sub) Even if I have to turn around and sell one of those subs to someone else.

[EDIT] found this out there. Not sure if JBL has diff. classes of subs but sounds like the subs are worth about $200-$400. lookin' lame.
http://www.carreview.com/mfr/jbl/subwoo ... 08crx.aspx
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby theprodigy79 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:06 pm

I'd ditch it... You can get some other very good stuff used for around the same price (or a bit more). The JBL Comps are alright (mid level), but the Autotek is a heap... For the space you have in your convert I'd check out two 12"s or two 10"s... They are more versatile speakers, take up less space (generally), and can hit as loud as you want them to.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:47 pm

Thx for the tips. Nice to know I'm not passing up a deal. I'd rather have quality sound than sheer volume. (though I'd like to get a good chest thumpin' sound when needed.)
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:24 am

What kinds of music do you mostly listen to?
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:47 am

Anything but country. Lynkin to Luda, Snoop to Sugar Ray, Mozart to Mayer, Rage to... can't think of another R, but you get the idea. Stock sub is nice but sloppy. By Spring I'm looking for powerful and clear.
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:03 pm

Go for a pair of 12"s in a small, sealed box... You'll be set ;-)
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5