[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Ipod interface with 2006 Gen 2 Navi and XM
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Ipod interface with 2006 Gen 2 Navi and XM

Ipod interface with 2006 Gen 2 Navi and XM

Postby masksav » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:02 am

I’m a new Solara Owner and new to Solara Guy so be gentle. I just purchase a 2006 SLE Convertible with the factory navigation/XM radio. I have been looking here and other forums for info on Ipod interfaces which there is no real definitive answers as to which one works best if at all. I purchase a Blitzsafe - TOY/M-LINK-1 V.2 which is supposedly the newest version and is on the way. The store claims it should work and has promised a full refund if it does not. My question is does anybody have any experience with this Blitzsafe interface. If so what’s the scoop. Will my CD player still work? Will I be able to use my steering wheel controls etc.? If not some advice would be greatly appreciated.
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby solaris » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:23 am

i dont know anout any blitzsafe product... just wait for it to arrive then you'll find out...meanwhile you can check this thread:
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=17430
let us know if blitzsafe is good... :)
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby masksav » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:10 pm

I'll let you know if it works....
The Vaistech product sounds great but the price tag scares the @#$% out of me
I’m kind of surprised that this is not a hot topic as there is no activity lately on this problem with no real solutions
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:57 am

Try this thread for the cheapest solution for installing an IPOD.

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=21157
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby masksav » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:02 am

Thanks for the suggestion
I went to the web site for there info and specs and unfortunately it states not compatible with OEM satellite & navigation units which I have
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:13 pm

masksav wrote:Thanks for the suggestion
I went to the web site for there info and specs and unfortunately it states not compatible with OEM satellite & navigation units which I have

That website info is not correct. There are members here who have installed this on Solaras with OEM navigation radio. Read through the whole link I showed.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby masksav » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:40 am

So how would you hook this up? I assume it uses the CD changer port. This port is also where my XM is hook into. Where would you plug in the interface? Where would the XM plug into?
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jack Soulfire » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:49 am

The Blitzsafe adaptor plugs into the 12pin CD changer port. If that is where your XM adaptor is plugged into you might be S.O.L.
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jack Soulfire » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:51 am

The website says:

NOT compatible if equipped with factory XM or with the factory DVD changer.
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby slingshot » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:51 pm

Jack Soulfire wrote:The website says:

NOT compatible if equipped with factory XM or with the factory DVD changer.

According to KansasSolara on the other link I posted above:
Man, I just saw this thing at Circuit City today. The box says that it will only work with the premium JBL system and the NAVI (you need the input for an external cd changer to plug this in, the regular unit does not have it).

The connector it uses is confirmed to fit the NAV so it should work with the NAV unit too. The website is wrong. It will let you attach both an IPOD and an XM radio.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby masksav » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:52 am

KansasSolara wrote on Dec 8 2005
You don't have drill no holes man. Just use quick ties or some wire to tie the box to a good anchor point (that is if you don't mind installing the box out of sight). I guess automotive double sided tape could also work. Then route the wire that plugs to the ipod between panels.
You'll figure it out, it's a fairly easy project.
By the way I found out that the USAspec Aux in does not play well with the XM factory module since they have to share the same input; the harness allows for both to be plugged in but the volume level dropped by about 50% when I had both the ipod and XM installed - at the end the ipod had to go and XM stayed, just personal preference. This is not and issue if you have aftermarket HU, or aftermarket XM.

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=45

Sounds to me as their may be a sound or volume issue with the USA Spec Aux.....I just got back in town and was getting ready to order one I also am not willing to give up my XM for the Ipod
Any feedback on the this.....or any other product that will work with the navi/xm HU that doesnt cost big bucks$$$$$$.
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby masksav » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:50 am

Just tried the Blitzsafe and I can confirm that it DOES NOT work. You can here the Ipod great but you also here the XM in the background. The mode switch on the steering wheel and the Disk button on the HU have no effect. I’m heading out now to CC to pickup a USA Spec to give it a try since the car is in pieces parts now.
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby masksav » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:31 pm

USA Spec does not work either It's fine on just the XM or just the Ipod But if you have both you hear both at the same time as there is no way to turn off the XM. Either I'm doing something wrong or as it states on there web site it's just plain not compatable...

I have a 2006 SLE Conv with factory Navi/XM with a BEC-104 backup camera that works perfectly
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby masksav » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:51 am

masksav wrote:USA Spec does not work either It's fine on just the XM or just the Ipod But if you have both you hear both at the same time as there is no way to turn off the XM. Either I'm doing something wrong or as it states on there web site it's just plain not compatable...

I have a 2006 SLE Conv with factory Navi/XM with a BEC-104 backup camera that works perfectly

I guess there's nothing out there that will work with both XM and navi since this post has fallen silent ?
masksav
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MikeATL » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:35 am

masksav wrote:
masksav wrote:USA Spec does not work either It's fine on just the XM or just the Ipod But if you have both you hear both at the same time as there is no way to turn off the XM. Either I'm doing something wrong or as it states on there web site it's just plain not compatable...

I guess there's nothing out there that will work with both XM and navi since this post has fallen silent ?

hmm, sounds weird. The USA Spec uses the disk changer port on the back of the radio. Why would the XM be playing at the same time as the disk changer?
2008 - Black on Black - Infiniti G37S
SOLD: 2005 - Silver - SLE - V6 - HIDs - Ipod
MikeATL
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5