[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New DVD for Nav?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

New DVD for Nav?

New DVD for Nav?

Postby Dirtywater » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:27 am

I have an '04 with Nav. Is there a newer DVD for the Nav out now since it's been a couple of years and if so, is it free to get the new one, etc.?

If anyone knows anything I would appreciate it. Thanks.

DW
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New DVD for Nav?

Postby slingshot » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:02 pm

Dirtywater wrote:I have an '04 with Nav. Is there a newer DVD for the Nav out now since it's been a couple of years and if so, is it free to get the new one, etc.?

DW

I also have an '04 with Nav. Toyota sent me a letter last year saying they found out there were errors in the DVD that came with my car and I would get a free new DVD that didn't have the problems. All I had to do was bring in the letter and then the dealership ordered the DVD. I had to bring the car in for them to install it and do some configuring of the NAV itself. THere was no charge. It didn't take long and now I have a much nicer NAV showing all the new road upgrades in my area that I was much wanting. Others here got the same letter. I'm surprised you didn't. Go to your dealer and tell them this story and bother them to get you the newer DVD installed for no charge because of the faults found with your original version. What version DVD do you have anyway? If you eject it, you can read the version or you can read it on the NAV itself but I forgot how to see it there. I think I went from version 3.1 to 4.1 or something like that. There are some older threads here discussing all this if you search around a little.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: New DVD for Nav?

Postby Dirtywater » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:20 pm

slingshot wrote:
Dirtywater wrote:I have an '04 with Nav. Is there a newer DVD for the Nav out now since it's been a couple of years and if so, is it free to get the new one, etc.?

DW

I also have an '04 with Nav. Toyota sent me a letter last year saying they found out there were errors in the DVD that came with my car and I would get a free new DVD that didn't have the problems. All I had to do was bring in the letter and then the dealership ordered the DVD. I had to bring the car in for them to install it and do some configuring of the NAV itself. THere was no charge. It didn't take long and now I have a much nicer NAV showing all the new road upgrades in my area that I was much wanting. Others here got the same letter. I'm surprised you didn't. Go to your dealer and tell them this story and bother them to get you the newer DVD installed for no charge because of the faults found with your original version. What version DVD do you have anyway? If you eject it, you can read the version or you can read it on the NAV itself but I forgot how to see it there. I think I went from version 3.1 to 4.1 or something like that. There are some older threads here discussing all this if you search around a little.

Awesome, thanks! :D

I never got the letter, but I'll check i t out. Thanks again.
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5