[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - installing new rear speakers
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

installing new rear speakers

installing new rear speakers

Postby kaybeeeight » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:36 pm

pioneer 6x9, the screw holes don't line up with the stock speakers, anywhere i can buy adapters? or maybe some ideas on how to fix this?

thanks

05 solara coupe
kaybeeeight
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kgzero1 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:59 pm

Just drill the holes in. Thats what the installer did with my Kappas.
2005 Solara SE
4 banger 5 speed MT
Lunar Mist Metallic

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/850364

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055035
kgzero1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dishon » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:43 am

does anyone have a diagram on how to remove the rear speakers
Dishon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:47 pm

Well I don't know how it is for a Gen2, but for a Gen1 you could just unplug the wires for the speaker, then undo the stock bolts, take out the speaker (may need some effort since they have a bit of heft to it AND speakers have magnets that'll kinda stick to the chassis) drill the holes (make sure it matches up; there's kind of a cut out template you can use) and install the new speakers.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby cam2Xrunner » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:34 pm

Got front speakers upgraded yet? Reason I ask is because I don't even use rear speakers. To me, every system that I have installed/tuned sounded better with just good front components.

But if you're going for a DVD Video setup with surround that's another story.
cam2Xrunner
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5