[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - About to add a lot of Audio...
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

About to add a lot of Audio...

About to add a lot of Audio...

Postby Dirtywater » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:54 pm

OK, so I plunged and got the Vais iPod unit. And since it has the extra aux, I got a Sirius Starmate Replay.

Anyone have Sirius in their Solaras? If so, what was your choice for location if the antenna. Since we have such a big dash, I was curious if you got reception on the dash vs. the roof.

I can't wait to hook this thing up when they arrive.
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Down2TheC » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:02 am

Put up a tutorial and pics when you do it pls. I'm dragging my feet on getting the same unit. (Radio Margaritaville in the car... cool)

Being a ragtop, I'm planning on extending back to the trunk unless someone says they get good signal in the dash.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: About to add a lot of Audio...

Postby MCOjerry » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:36 pm

Dirtywater wrote:OK, so I plunged and got the Vais iPod unit. And since it has the extra aux, I got a Sirius Starmate Replay.

Anyone have Sirius in their Solaras? If so, what was your choice for location if the antenna. Since we have such a big dash, I was curious if you got reception on the dash vs. the roof.

Just so you know, I'm lazy...so this will explain my Sirius antenna placement.

I have my Sirius radio suction cupped to the windshield, just to the left of the steering wheel. I ran the antenna down the dash (between the door) and out to the hood. I have the antenna right where the hinge part of the hood meets the front left quarter panel and have run the wire between the spaces between the metal in the hood. All in all, it's not bad. VERY minimal wire intrusion and SIMPLE. Of course, for those of you that are picky about the way these things look, it might not be for you. I get good reception.

I posted about this a while back, and someone hade a great idea for the convertible, but I have not had a chance to try it out. I'll go find the thread and post it in a few.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MCOjerry » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:39 pm

OK, here's the post...go to page two and read the posts from swindler. He had a great idea on the antenna placement for convertibles...

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

As I said, I have not tried this yet, but swindler says it works well, even with the top up.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: About to add a lot of Audio...

Postby Dirtywater » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:33 pm

MCOjerry wrote:
Dirtywater wrote:OK, so I plunged and got the Vais iPod unit. And since it has the extra aux, I got a Sirius Starmate Replay.

Just so you know, I'm lazy...so this will explain my Sirius antenna placement.

I have my Sirius radio suction cupped to the windshield, just to the left of the steering wheel. I ran the antenna down the dash (between the door) and out to the hood. I have the antenna right where the hinge part of the hood meets the front left quarter panel and have run the wire between the spaces between the metal in the hood. All in all, it's not bad. VERY minimal wire intrusion and SIMPLE. Of course, for those of you that are picky about the way these things look, it might not be for you. I get good reception.

I posted about this a while back, and someone hade a great idea for the convertible, but I have not had a chance to try it out. I'll go find the thread and post it in a few.

Cool. Any chance of you posting pics of your set-up, specifically how you wired the antenna and antenna placement?

Thanks again.
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5