[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Navigation Quirk ... anyone else ....
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Navigation Quirk ... anyone else ....

Navigation Quirk ... anyone else ....

Postby radmanGTO » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:26 pm

Twice in the past many months, we have taken off on a weekend to the outer edges of civilization here in East Tn ... :>)) Each time "she" announces a message that says she is done and can't help ... also, that the directional arrows may not be accurate .... it seems odd that the Nav will continue to track but no voice from "her" ....

This Saturday's odessey was not too far out from Pigeon Forge/Dollywood area to Douglas Lake area. These are well traveled roads that I would think would be in someone's map database.

Just wondering if this has happened on any kind of routine basis to ya..

Regards,
Radman
Radman
'06 Artic Frost Pearl Solara SLE
Michael T's Combo Grilles,
Gold Pkg, sills, curtains, NAV, VSC, TRAC
radmanGTO
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby linmk2 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:32 am

Yes, mine does that too. By following the arrows, it does get you very near you need to be, but without the "voice" to help. I'm not sure why it does that. My Acura CL was equipped with a Nav also. I recently took a trip in my Toyota that I took when I had my Acura. Oddly, the Acura guided me by voice to the location, but the Toyota stopped it's voice directions and went with the arrows as soon as I turned off a main highway about two miles from my destination. I got to where I needed be, but only because I sort of knew where I was going. Having owned two cars with the Nav system, I think the Acura does a better job, but the Toyota has more features built in, so I guess it's a toss-up to which one is better. Both are very neat and I enjoy having a car with the factory equipped Nav system.
Howard
Arctic Frost Pearl/Ivory, Navi 2006 SLE Convertible
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5